Active Topics

First of all sorry for my bad english.
I've "lost" my n900 Usb port can't be fixed, I warm up too much and cut off data + pin (I think green wire) under the battery and I can't even flash it anyhow. Now my question is can i rescue emmc and can I connect it externaly to my PC (and how, if there is a way). Thanks, thanks, many thanks if you could help me. I have a lot of pics and videos traped in my eMMC that I have to save. Thanks again

The Following User Says Thank You to mdfk For This Useful Post:
Also interested in this, I have a water-damaged N900 that I want to recover photographs from. Any ideas?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Are your N900 starting up at all?
You could ssh into it from your PC to save the files and folders. Find the wiki article on ssh here: https://wiki.maemo.org/SSH

Last edited by michaaa62; 2013-11-28 at 17:12.

i do not fully understand what you are saying - a photo would help

anyway have you tried to use the usb pads under the battery? - see this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71414

Thanks for the replay. SHH is connection via wi-fi? I can't turn on n900, when I press the power button Nokia logo shows up but after that led indicator blinks yellow once and than everything stops. I have to reflash n900 but how.. So I'm asking, is there a chanse to connect somehow eMMC externaly?? Anyone please?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That sounds like just a dead battery. Have you tried simply charging it? With the phone off, plug the charger in, the phone should vibrate and show a dark Nokia logo, then go dark and the LED flash orange untiil chared, then green. If none of that happens, then your USB port may be broken. You may need to charge the battery externally.

If that fails, you may try to flash just the rootfs (a.k.a. "combined") and reboot. In the worst case your icons and fonts will be all wrong (just squares instead of letters), but plugging to a PC in a mass storage mode will still work, if you press the right button.

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-11-29 at 09:21.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That sounds like just a dead battery. Have you tried simply charging it?
He destroyed his usb port.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Already tried with new battery, I just have to reflash my n900 but micro usb port is broken without print on ground and I then had to solder 4 usb wires directly to test pads, but I pulled out data+ test pad and now I can't reflash my phone at all... So, I'm forced to access eMMC externally if I can. Is that posiblle?

As for mine, I tried it with a fresh battery (that I confirmed works in my other N900) and it won't turn on at all, not even a flicker; I'm forced to assume short circuit somewhere. I would also appreciate if someone knows how to access the eMMC externally.

just open schematics and pinout of microsd. AFAIK you can connect eMMC test points(cmd clk dat0) and supply voltages onto microsd card reader.

The Following User Says Thank You to SourenAraya For This Useful Post: