Active Topics

I have one geek in the office who has the same..he shows me a lot of experiments he has done on N900.. he has ported JVM on that and now runs java applications...

I too have one with me...

Last week I went to one store for Invisible shield for sceen protection. Store guy immediately requested me to show the device...He was amused by the device and added the same in his wishlist. (Surprisingly that guy's name was "Linus")...

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
I have seen only one guy having the nokia n900 @ my university (SFU) , that is the only n900 iI have seen so far , this phone (sry internet tablet) is unique !!

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
The first N900 I saw in the wild was Quim's, while I was waiting to check-in to the hotel at the Summit. Then I saw 300+ shortly thereafter.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Without taking this too far off topic, does anyone have any figures (or hell, even just a guess) about how many N900s have been sold so far?

The women on the train to work in front of me was on one the day before mine arrived so I shoved my friends head through the gap in the chair to show her the phone I was getting.

I was stood next to a guy on the underground a couple of weeks ago. He was in a world of his own watching some kind of TV show on his N900. I felt like saying something to him but thought better of it as it did seem a lil gay Instead I pulled out my N900 and started playing with it in the hope he would make contact, but he didn't

Also this morning they have put a MASSIVE N900 poster up at tower hill underground station (platform 1) with the marketing slogan 'MultiMultiTasking' ...should have tried to get a picture seeing as i was stood there for 15 mins staring at it while i waited for the mind torturing circle line.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
For me only a user who has been on this forum (or a similar one) and knows about the extended capabilities of the N900 counts as a genuine customer No point talking to someone who is 3 FW-Upgrades behind you and still whining about things that have already been fixed

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
I have not seen any others in the wild yet...just my own.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmokid2005 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Haven't seen anyone else yet but I think I have done my best to persuade my friend not to buy an iphone and get the N900.

Then again, perhaps I am living in a world of make believe and I am the only true owner of a N900. This messageboard is just a fictitious website with postings being made by artifical intelligent agents owned and fed by a company called aikon. Hmmm, it's starting to make sense now.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Saw a display (not functioning) one in the local (Austin) Fry's store. That's the closest I have been. Sadly it didn't even have a price, and I did not ask why.