Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Software Development Kit, basically it's a cross compiler so you can compile software for Maemo, it's used for development.
The SDK has an emulator so I can see the UI of Maemo 5 (and hence the changes)
cool! Thank u very much for the explanation! To Rob1n too
Have fun with it guys! Meanwhile i'd better wait for the official firmware release )))

cheers

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Oh dear... now what was that good for? seems that there's even less room for special characters now - and no more backspace button?
Backspace is the blue button next to :
I'm not sure if this is a not so working install (SDK issue), hopefully it won't be the same in the release.
Special characters icon is in the bottom area (pictured), caps shows a second special characters page (caps on the opposite side of backspace)

[LIST][*]Enable rotation is now an option in Settings (Browser).
Does it also work better in portrait mode now (clicking links, having the status bar, ...)?

Originally Posted by Hossie View Post
Does it also work better in portrait mode now (clicking links, having the status bar, ...)?
Not really sure how I can rotate the SDK screen

so does that mean we won't need petrovich anymore? now that we have share from the file browser

The Following User Says Thank You to mtran66 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Backspace is the blue button next to :
ah. i see. thanks.

Special characters icon is in the bottom area (pictured), caps shows a second special characters page (caps on the opposite side of backspace)
so basically [1#+] opens the first tab of special characters and then you can [shift] to get to the second one? i was worried because somewhere deep in the bowels of bugzilla, there was a comment saying that they'll drop some of the quotation marks from the virtual keyboard in PR1.2. - i thought they might have dropped the whole third "tab" of special characters.

(still, isn't it weird you'd have to go through [1#+] and [Shift] instead of simply tapping either [1!+] or [*§¿]?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
if you turn your head 90degree to the side, you have portrait mode

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nibbles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
ah. i see. thanks.

so basically [1#+] opens the first tab of special characters and then you can [shift] to get to the second one? i was worried because somewhere deep in the bowels of bugzilla, there was a comment saying that they'll drop some of the quotation marks from the virtual keyboard in PR1.2. - i thought they might have dropped the whole third "tab" of special characters.

(still, isn't it weird you'd have to go through [1#+] and [Shift] instead of simply tapping either [1!+] or [*§¿]?)
Yep, I'm backing up my /usr/lib directory :P

New changes found, post updated.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Not really sure how I can rotate the SDK screen
What would happen if you started Xephyr with portrait dimensions (480x800 instead of 800x480)?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
What do we know about the video calling option?
is it just over 3G ,or is it integrated into all the IM clients? or if we are lucky even both?

Tags
delete orangedouche again, delete post #205, delete post #225, maemo 5 sdk, pr 1.2, pr1.2