Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Even if the cpu would be overclockable, and there's kernel sources out there (http://maemo.cloud-7.de/950/openmode....10+0m6.tar.gz), most likely the reason why nobody has posted overclocked kernel here, is the fact that system starts freezing/rebooting on higher clockrates because some other parts of the hardware can only handle 1Ghz cpu speeds.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Even if the cpu would be overclockable, and there's kernel sources out there (http://maemo.cloud-7.de/950/openmode....10+0m6.tar.gz), most likely the reason why nobody has posted overclocked kernel here, is the fact that system starts freezing/rebooting on higher clockrates because some other parts of the hardware can only handle 1Ghz cpu speeds.
Do you have any evidence of what are you saying?
Are you totally guessing or do you really have overclocked your N9/N950? In the case you have overclocked your phone, could you please post the patch?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rafael2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Hes an infiltrator working for Elop to fight against the N9. He knows its the sh.t and everyone else knows WP7 *is* sh.t.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rafael2k View Post
Do you have any evidence of what are you saying?
Are you totally guessing or do you really have overclocked your N9/N950? In the case you have overclocked your phone, could you please post the patch?
Thinking that every other Android device with OMAP3640 has been overclocked, dunno what he is talking about.
N900 with OMAP3430 has been running happily on 900Mhz and for 2 months on 1Ghz for a year already on my N900.

Could we just skip this "it will destroy the device" it's not possible" part already. It did take 3 pages on the epic N900 overclocking thread before everybody was overclocking the hell out of the device just some months after it's release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Only one hardware "part" is capable of running at 1GHz and above,and that is the Cortex A8. Factory clocks for the 3630 are 800-1200MHz. Droids with the same SoC are easily overclockable and stable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I'm quite a heavy overclocker on the computer but don't know much about mobile overclocking, could someone explain what would need to be done and what are current problems that stop people from overclocking it?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I'm quite a heavy overclocker on the computer but don't know much about mobile overclocking, could someone explain what would need to be done and what are current problems that stop people from overclocking it?
Check out the epic N900 OC thread to get a feel for what it'd be like for N9.
Don't worry about the earlier post, it was pure speculation...
There's no solid info. yet to suggest it won't OC just as well (if not better).

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Check out the epic N900 OC thread to get a feel for what it'd be like for N9.
Don't worry about the earlier post, it was pure speculation...
There's no solid info. yet to suggest it won't OC just as well (if not better).
Until aegis open mode with 100% functionality isn't available, overclocking the N9 isn't going to be feasible...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Read the entire new AEGIS open-mode thread...
As far as I can ascertain from it, there needn't be show-stoppers when it comes OC'ing.
What we're waiting on, is for someone to start experimenting.

But yes there's some issues that need to be resolved, so it's a friendlier env for n00bs.
Else they'll come rocketing into open-mode looking for OC'ing bliss, & run head-on into them.
But there's actually nothing terribly serious, it's almost entirely problem free now.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-24 at 20:10.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Read the entire new AEGIS open-mode thread...
As far as I can ascertain from it, there needn't be show-stoppers when it comes OC'ing.
What we're waiting on, is for someone to start experimenting.

But yes there's some issues that need to be resolved, so it's a friendlier env for n00bs.
Else they'll come rocketing into open-mode looking for OC'ing bliss, & run head-on into them.
But there's actually nothing terribly serious, it's almost entirely problem free now.
Reread the aegis open mode thread... It's clear you have but maybe you skipped over that part... GPS isn't working as are a few other functionalities that are integral to the N9, unless this has changed in under 24 hours I can dig up the post on meego forums handset section and post it if needed...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4