Notices

Originally Posted by maartenmk View Post

Save the file and look in the applications menu for the new shortcut. It should launch MicroEmulator full screen with Opera Mini ready to start (using the enter key, the start button doesn't work)
Forgot to add - if you download the newest version of microemulator http://code.google.com/p/microemu/downloads/list , then the start button works, as well as other text entry dialogs in Opera Mini.

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Cant anyone get this optified and into devil. There is alot of noobs that would like this on the N900, me inkluded.

BTW. New wersion out yesterday i think..Opera Mini 5 beta 2:
http://www.opera.com/mini/next/

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ghostayya View Post
Can u pls post a video on how to install java aplications on nokia N900. I'm v confused..
No, as the instructions are perfectly fine.
If you don't understand them, a video will not help you either...

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Does anybody know how to add more items to the microemulator menu? Or, which i'd prefer: is it possible to start an app directly from xterm and skip the microemulator menu?
At the moment i'm using seperate scripts (opera4.sh & opera5.sh) to open j2me apps, but it's obviously possible due to the presence of the menu..

Thanks, Killian

Originally Posted by 6sicSIX View Post
Does anybody know how to add more items to the microemulator menu? Or, which i'd prefer: is it possible to start an app directly from xterm and skip the microemulator menu?
At the moment i'm using seperate scripts (opera4.sh & opera5.sh) to open j2me apps, but it's obviously possible due to the presence of the menu..

Thanks, Killian
I haven't found an answer to that one. The MicroEmu documentation doesnt provide a vommand to execute or run an application straight away. Best I can suggest is contact the author of MicroEmu and ask for it as a feature request. I have a few suggestions of my own I wish to pass along so I will mention this too.

To run opera directly from command line type :

./java -cp opera-mini-4.2.14912-advanced-en.jar -jar microemulator.jar --device org/microemu/device/resizable/device.xml Browser

[]'s

I use this command from a desktop file: java -jar /home/opt/microemulator-2.0.4/microemulator.jar --resizableDevice 800 378 /home/user/MyDocs/opera-mini-4.2.jar

Only issues i have left to figure out are launching Opera without having to click Start in MicroEmulator, and how to launch Microemulator in full screen without the title bar.

Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
I use this command from a desktop file: java -jar /home/opt/microemulator-2.0.4/microemulator.jar --resizableDevice 800 378 /home/user/MyDocs/opera-mini-4.2.jar

Only issues i have left to figure out are launching Opera without having to click Start in MicroEmulator, and how to launch Microemulator in full screen without the title bar.
yeah I'm trying to figure that out aswell, I'm managed to put an Icon for opera Mini but have to click start each time.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
yeah I'm trying to figure that out aswell, I'm managed to put an Icon for opera Mini but have to click start each time.
Managed to solve one part of the riddle at least. The current snapshot of v3 of Microemulator automatically launches applications if specified in the command line.
Opera launches straight away now!

http://snapshot.microemu.org/microemulator/download/

My suggestions for the next incarnation of this would be the ability to hide the menus and resize button, and allow usage in full screen.

Last edited by [DarkGUNMAN]; 2010-03-12 at 14:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by maartenmk View Post
I got it to work, but only after I changed the '--resizableDevice 800 375' part. Maybe that device needs to be added to the version of MicroEmulator I used (the one from the link in the FP)?

This is what I did to get OperaMini 5 running from the menu (based on Darkgunmans instructions, italics are the differences):

---------
1. Start X-Term, type 'sudo gainroot' for root access.
2. Copy the 'jre' folder to /home/opt/ (including the Opera 5 jar & jad files)
cd to /home/opt/jre/bin and use chmod +x java to grant executable rights.
3. Create a symlink to use Java from the command line:
ln -s /home/opt/jre/bin/java /usr/bin/java
4. Navigate to: cd /usr/share/applications/hildon
5. Use the ls command to list the .desktop files in the folder
Copy an existing file with a new name:
cp x-chat.desktop microemu.desktop
6. Using Leafpad edit the fileby typing: leadpad microemu.desktop
7. The edited file should look something like this:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=MicroEmu Opera
Exec=java -jar /home/opt/jre/bin/microemulator.jar --device org/microemu/device/resizable/device.xml /home/opt/jre/bin/opera-mini-5.0.17443-advanced-en.jad
Icon=Opera
Type=Application
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable

Change the icon to anything you like. This post explains how to add your own icon. I made this one:

Save the file and look in the applications menu for the new shortcut. It should launch MicroEmulator full screen with Opera Mini ready to start (using the enter key, the start button doesn't work)
-------

The display defaults to 800x400, so it would be nice to get the 'resizabledevice' working. Does anyone know what I should do differently?

it opens ,installing....could not store resource unable to create recodStore directory!
wt could be the reason?