Originally Posted by sEKI View Post
I have finally calibrated my dual SCUD setup (yes, it takes few weeks to get it done with normal usage!) Now, this is rather amazing don't you think? Way more than expected and this is my 10th full charging cycle...
How did you test the Battery's mAh and voltage on the N900?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Since using two batteries, when I go back to my single battery the N900 won't power on and when I charge it the Nokia screen shows up without the backlight and vibrates for half a second, turns off then repeats over and over.

Putting the two batteries in boots up fine. Any ideas?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Jaag View Post
How did you test the Battery's mAh and voltage on the N900?
See Estel's guide here and very nice piece of scripts he put together called bnf.
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sEKI For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
Since using two batteries, when I go back to my single battery the N900 won't power on and when I charge it the Nokia screen shows up without the backlight and vibrates for half a second, turns off then repeats over and over.

Putting the two batteries in boots up fine. Any ideas?
Try turning it on, wait around 2 sec and then plug in the charger it should boot eventually. Why is this happaning I have no clue but mine was behaving similarly...

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

Maybe springs that holds battery in place needs tightening? Also, single battery could just got discharged beyond safe limit. Check it's voltage with multimeter.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Maybe springs that holds battery in place needs tightening? Also, single battery could just got discharged beyond safe limit. Check it's voltage with multimeter.

/Estel
Good point Estel, definately worth checking but that wasn't the case for neither of them on my device. The problem was gone since I flashed it to thumb from testing cssu.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Does anybody know if those blue dream scuds will be available again?

Thanks Estell for bq27x00 scripts and tutorial on battery capacity measurement; you stated that after the first time running the bq*.sh script you can do anything except for turning the device off.

I'd like to know if we can also recharge the device in that time? I recharged to 100% and ran the bq*.sh once. Now if I connect the N900 to USB a few times (but not let it go 100%) it affects the measurement?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Ariadeno View Post
Does anybody know if those blue dream scuds will be available again?
Im hopefully receiving some soon for testing so we again have a supplier. (avartardeals)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hossein View Post
I'd like to know if we can also recharge the device in that time? I recharged to 100% and ran the bq*.sh once. Now if I connect the N900 to USB a few times (but not let it go 100%) it affects the measurement?
I've been transferring files over mass-storage (without disabling bme, so it definitely charged), without affecting VDQ. Yet, if You overdo it - for example, connect and disconnect many times, or charge for too long - VDQ will reset to 0, until next full charge.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc