Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
U ain't seen all I can do
Show us

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
haha, that's what I call a debug console xD

Hello! Do i need input modprobe wl12xx_sdio_test for working inject mode?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by SunViolet View Post
Hello! Do i need input modprobe wl12xx_sdio_test for working inject mode?
no, kernel is compiled to load needed modules

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
run
Code:
lsmod
to see loaded modules

btw. nfs server support modules are not loaded on startup...

thanks to nieldk I have some binaries to play with but so far I didn't have the time to set it up.
If that works maybe the kernel could be compiled to load the modules automatically....

EDIT:

no, kernel is compiled to load needed modules
ah, so that's that.... autoload on demand?

Last edited by mcbook; 2013-11-21 at 18:25.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Update:

Found the commits needed to introduce multiple-VIF support into wl12xx driver. (in response to this post)

I'll check whether mac80211 as present in current 2.6.32 supports multiple VIFs.

Furthermore, this patchset allows wl12xx to use a single, updated firmware.bin to function in both AP and STA modes.

I'm currently rebuilding my build VM after spotty power these past few days messed with my images
(shouldn't have enabled write-caching for VMware!)

EDIT: Wow, that's a lot of commits.
I've pulled in loads of updates for wl12xx - AP mode should now be complete. In-kernel.

Pull in the newest linux-firmware to see it in action.

Now, on to more news:

I'm not yet moving onto even newer wl12xx firmwares as the next commit (SHA1: c8bde243421d759844264cf11e4248e7862c2722) would be incompatible with the shipped, on-device firmware.

BTW, debugfs functionality has been stripped out of wl12xx, it was causing build problems - if you want it back, bug me enough

What do you guys think, moving forward?

Last edited by Hurrian; 2013-11-22 at 14:09.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Update:

Found the commits needed to introduce multiple-VIF support into wl12xx driver. (in response to this post)

I'll check whether mac80211 as present in current 2.6.32 supports multiple VIFs.

Furthermore, this patchset allows wl12xx to use a single, updated firmware.bin to function in both AP and STA modes.

I'm currently rebuilding my build VM after spotty power these past few days messed with my images
(shouldn't have enabled write-caching for VMware!)

EDIT: Wow, that's a lot of commits.
I've pulled in loads of updates for wl12xx - AP mode should now be complete. In-kernel.

Pull in the newest linux-firmware to see it in action.

Now, on to more news:

I'm not yet moving onto even newer wl12xx firmwares as the next commit (SHA1: c8bde243421d759844264cf11e4248e7862c2722) would be incompatible with the shipped, on-device firmware.

BTW, debugfs functionality has been stripped out of wl12xx, it was causing build problems - if you want it back, bug me enough

What do you guys think, moving forward?
Did you have to patch the kernel in the mmc core area to get the later tw wireless drivers to compile?

The newer tw stuff I have in a compat package needs stuff in kernel 2.6.37 minimum.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I /was/ doing that, but then utterly phailed as mmc core update and ripping out 3.3's wl12xx driver was about one bajillion times harder to implement than backporting stuff from 2.6.39, I think.

Some of that mmc core stuff needs CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME, which would be nice to have on the N9 (selective device suspend, yay!), but after hours of patching wl12xx and mac80211, I'm going to take a nice break to preserve my sanity.

Anyone with more coffee than I do, please try to feel like cleaning up my commits if they get pulled into harmattan/kernel-plus-harmattan

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
I /was/ doing that, but then utterly phailed as mmc core update and ripping out 3.3's wl12xx driver was about one bajillion times harder to implement than backporting stuff from 2.6.39, I think.

Some of that mmc core stuff needs CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME, which would be nice to have on the N9 (selective device suspend, yay!), but after hours of patching wl12xx and mac80211, I'm going to take a nice break to preserve my sanity.

Anyone with more coffee than I do, please try to feel like cleaning up my commits if they get pulled into harmattan/kernel-plus-harmattan
I'm going to try my hand at backporting some patches to first make the 2.6-compat package work for the tw wireless driver. I'm starting work on it this week given the US thanksgiving holiday.

If I get it working, I'll see if we can get the changes merged into this kernel branch if you'd like.

Hey guys, just finally had time to test my recent changes.

Pelicularly, this new kernel /doesn't/ boot.

@juiceme, could you please load it up on your test N9 to see what's going on? Corresponding sources are at hurrian/kernel-plus-harmattan.

If it bombs somewhere related to mac80211/wl12xx, I'll revert the commits for now, if it's somewhere else guess I'll have to dig around a bit more.

Tags
kernel-plus