Notices

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
I am new to Linux and the N900 is my first introduction to the world of Linux.

I do not know if there is an application so far for Maemo 5 although I did try searching this forum without any success.

I want to know if there is an application that can show me all the communications (including calls,sms,email,status updates from all the social networking sites etc.) that I have made to a particular person something like the Contacts bar in Symbian(Nokia X6). Where if I click on a particular contact it will show me all the communication I have made with that contact.

Is something similar available for Maemo 5?

Sorry if my query seems too dumb..I'm a noob..

If you install the 'extra' plugins from App Manager for eg Gmail, Facebook, etc you can open the Conversations Widget and type their name eg "Marlon" and it will show 2 or 3 for that person (1 for each communication method you've used with them).

The Following User Says Thank You to Marlon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
If you install the 'extra' plugins from App Manager for eg Gmail, Facebook, etc you can open the Conversations Widget and type their name eg "Marlon" and it will show 2 or 3 for that person (1 for each communication method you've used with them).
Thanks Marlon for the quick response.

I do have the extras plugin as well as the Conversation Desktop Widget installed but that only shows the emails and sms.

I was looking out for something that shows all information in one place.I know I maybe asking for a lot but is it possible for someone to create an application for something like this similar to the image that i attached below.
Attached Images

It would be good I agree. I've not seen anything that exists like that yet.

If somebody made it I would certainly use it - perhaps suggest it to the author of MyContacts on here, they could add it as a feature so you click on a contacts picture and it brings up all the conversations in chronological order across all methods of communication?

MyContacts http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=57162

The Following User Says Thank You to Marlon For This Useful Post:
Yea that would be really awesome. I happened to come across this idea after playing around with my sisters X6 and watching the Meego Handset UI leak video a few days ago.

I am sure it wud be a wonderful feature to my already amazing N900.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
If you open the contact in question in the address book (make sure it is one that you have had some communication with) and select the pulldown menu at the top of the screen (has their name on it). One of the options should be 'Communication History) which I believe covers the Telepathy and Cellular stack.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
If you open the contact in question in the address book (make sure it is one that you have had some communication with) and select the pulldown menu at the top of the screen (has their name on it). One of the options should be 'Communication History) which I believe covers the Telepathy and Cellular stack.
I am aware of the calls and messaging history that can be seen under communication history.

Just like the MyContacts application which allows you to put 75 contacts on your desktop. There should be a feature where if i click on contact Ashley then I can see his status updates across various social sites,emails and text messages we both have shared,along with call logs and information.All this from just the desktop.No need to go into multiple applications.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
I am aware of the calls and messaging history that can be seen under communication history.

Just like the MyContacts application which allows you to put 75 contacts on your desktop. There should be a feature where if i click on contact Ashley then I can see his status updates across various social sites,emails and text messages we both have shared,along with call logs and information.All this from just the desktop.No need to go into multiple applications.
Have you evdn thought about the amount of bandwidth that would be need to interrogate all possible sites like this? You would also need some form of support from the content providers or risk things braking on a regular basis. If you really want this type of info then it would make more sense to host a web application and grab a feed froma centralised location.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Have you evdn thought about the amount of bandwidth that would be need to interrogate all possible sites like this? You would also need some form of support from the content providers or risk things braking on a regular basis. If you really want this type of info then it would make more sense to host a web application and grab a feed froma centralised location.
Wasn't this feaure shown in the recently leaked Nokia Meego UX video that was available online a few weeks ago?

So I guess its not that difficult to implement but yes it definitely would take a lot of resources and time to put this all together working smoothly in any particualr application.

Thanks again Fargus for your reply!!

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
If it was int the Nokia Meego UX, then wouldn't waiting for the N900 adaptation to be released be faster than trying to petition someone to try and create one from scratch?

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post: