Notices

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mve View Post
After updating N900 SW I install Fuelpad again and noticed following small visual problems:

1. Application manager shows small icon for Fuelpad and it's name starts with low letter 'f'.
2. After installation there is no icon for Fuelpad in the menu. It appears only after reboot.

Everything else seems to work correctly. I would say that after fixing those smaal issues it is ready for extras-testing.
Thanks for reporting these. The first one has probably something to do with fuelpad.desktop file and the next one with the postinst script. I haven't touched the desktop file for a long time. From the postinst script I only have removed the maemo-select-menu-location call for Fremantle. I do have a call to gtk-update-icon-cache with

gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor
I'll have to check if this needs to be changed for Fremantle.

Before I noticed your message, I submitted a new package version (0.82-fremantle4) to autobuilder. It should be now available in extras-devel. Quoting the changelog:

* Record filtering UI redesigned
* Enabled column selection
* Corrected import wizard starting from the second page
* Moved database related options to the bottom of Settings dialog
* Added database open button to Settings dialog
* Individual units are only shown in Settings dialog if enabled
* Added XSBC-Bugtracker field to debian/control
* The default location of the database has been changed to /home/user with Fremantle

The Following User Says Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
I did some testing with the new version and it seems to work correctly. It has now all the features I need. Thank you very much!

I did some testing with the new version and it seems to work correctly. It has now all the features I need. Thank you very much!
One thing that I have been a little worried is the big default font size in the main table. You only see a couple of rows. Is it tedious to pan a long table from top to bottom? Using a mouse in scratchbox is really a PITA when you have, say, fuel fills for 100000 km.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
To get the big icon and the pretty name (capital F) you need to change the debian/control file.

XB-Maemo-Icon-26 now should be a 48x48 pixel icon. And with XB-Maemo-Display-Name you can set the app name to "Fuelpad".

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
One thing that I have been a little worried is the big default font size in the main table. You only see a couple of rows. Is it tedious to pan a long table from top to bottom? Using a mouse in scratchbox is really a PITA when you have, say, fuel fills for 100000 km.
Font size is very good in my opinion and with quick scroll it takes only seconds to scroll down the list but I have records only for 25000 km at the moment. But it should not be a problem as in the media player I have few hundred albums and it's very fast to scroll down the whole list. Faster you move you finger faster the list scrolls.

Originally Posted by conny View Post
To get the big icon and the pretty name (capital F) you need to change the debian/control file.

XB-Maemo-Icon-26 now should be a 48x48 pixel icon. And with XB-Maemo-Display-Name you can set the app name to "Fuelpad".
Thanks Conny. For some reason I had thought that the pretty name is specified in the desktop file. No wonder it never worked! The big icon thing I just realised when the application manager suggested to update Fuelpad.

I updated these and will send an updated package soonish...

Font size is very good in my opinion and with quick scroll it takes only seconds to scroll down the list but I have records only for 25000 km at the moment. But it should not be a problem as in the media player I have few hundred albums and it's very fast to scroll down the whole list. Faster you move you finger faster the list scrolls.
Thanks. I suspected that kinetic scrolling might be that good.

I think that I may have to buy an N900. It has been a while since I spent over 500 euros to a phone (a Nokia 2010 back in 1996).

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
jlu, consider adding yourself to this list of developers waiting to get a device.

Frank

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
jlu, consider adding yourself to this list of developers waiting to get a device.

Frank
I don't consider myself a "core member". The only problem of me getting a device is to convince my wife that every hobby costs something and instead of buying us a new LCD TV, I'll by myself a new toy (as my wife and children call my tablets (N800 & 770)).

But: Frank, thank you for your confidence in me.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
You have 1751 downloads and counting. I plan on using it, the only reason I'm not is that I still have my Palm phone with an existing app on it, once I get my N900, Palm is gone and Fuelpad is in. I think that your application will be very popular moving forward.

Frank