Hello, Can anyone please tell me how to unlock my N9 which is operator sim locked. I tried all kinds of flashing but no luck.
please help!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Sorry no help in these forums, against the rules.

speak to your operator from whom you got the handset, and they should be able to offer you the unlock code or subsidy PIN as its also called for a fee. that is the only legal solution i or anyone on this forum can and should offer.

The Following User Says Thank You to anandv76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Talk to your network man, they're the only people that can give you the code, unless you want to take a risk on a few dodgy looking websites.
But assuming your networks not a complete rip off it'll be free through them.
Check their website first, a few networks have unlock codes available just by entering the IMEI, Voda Au for example, but they don't have other networks codes so don't waste your time trying that on.

The Following User Says Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
I have come here after trying all that stuff! I am not bothered about the warranty and other things involved, I just want to make my N9 work with any sim. If it cant be discussed in here, please point me to the website where this is answered. This would be of a great help to me! Thanks.

Would he just be able to reflash firmware from Navifirm? Reflash is what I would do.

Maemomd, I have already tried reflashing but still no use. As per my understading simlock is being processed somewhere the flash is not effecting.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Sorry no help in these forums, against the rules.
Where does it mention discussion of unlocking phones? Please provide a link...

Besides, there's plenty of posts linking to warez sites (which is definitely against the rules) here that remain despite being reported, so the mod's/admins obviously don't care for the rules much.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Where does it mention discussion of unlocking phones? Please provide a link...
you did so yourself... this falls under "illegal material".

Besides, there's plenty of posts linking to warez sites (which is definitely against the rules) here that remain despite being reported, so the mod's/admins obviously don't care for the rules much.
please continue reporting such posts, the admins/mods will definitely react, though it might take some time.
the more reports, the quicker it'll go.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
you did so yourself... this falls under "illegal material".
What is illegal ?
1. The phone is my property
2. The OS is open source
3. Even if is a phone with a smaller price (by operator), the only obligation is to pay the contract to operator for 1 or 2 years. I doubt is specified somwhere in the contract that I am not allowed to change the software (because of 1 above). I supose this lock is a software matter.

Last edited by smcsa; 2012-03-22 at 13:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smcsa For This Useful Post: