Active Topics

Alright, I just sent you a PM with step-by-step instructions. Hope they help!

The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Hi everybody,

I have searched for the files referenced in freemangordon's post, but with downloads.maemo.nokia.com being down they seem to be lost. All I found were references to this thread and an FTP mirror of skeiron.org which is down (both the mirror and skeiron).

The 'newer' files from coderus' repository unfortunately do not work (BTW: I just wonder why - according to the versions, they should not be too far off). And as the repository is basically a mirror of the latest harmattan state-of-affairs, an up-to-date N9 is no good either.

Would be possible to store the three DEBs in a public location - or is there some backup of the harmattan repository as it was present on https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/rm680/?

Or could anybody be so kind and PM them to me?

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Yep, FMG: can you update the script to use the new mirrors?

Tempura San: yep, see the openrepos package and my thread about ncurses

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The "newer mirrors" seem a bit mixed up. So it would not help to use them. For the RM680/N950 repo they contain newer versions (as they were used for RM696/N9).
Similar/another issue I have with the N900 repo. There the 'apt' package has the same version number but another build date (see still-to-be-created other thread).
--edit
I just found out that the 'newer' apt packages resides in repository.maemo.org!
downloads.maemo.nokia.com got higher priority by HAM, so always the older (already installed) package was referenced. But now the mirrors have lesser priority, so the package 'apt' and all others are first referenced from repo.maemo.org.
Not a big deal as they should be same. But in this case the apt from maemo.org has indeed the same version number but a higher higher/newer build date. Else they are the same.
I have no idea why and how ?

Another package different is apt-transport-https ...
--

So for this fmg would need to do some re-coding (to use the latest versions) or we fix the repo mirrors or just use local verions of said debs. They are too big in size to be attached here ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-05-10 at 20:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Tempura San: yep, see the openrepos package and my thread about ncurses
Unfortunately (as stated) these package versions do not work on the N900.

@peterleinchen: Thanks for shedding light on this - so the DEBs freemangordon's hack is using are for the N950 - the (most recent) N9 packages unfortunately do not work (after installing videos can no longer be played).

Are there some binaries directly from TI which contain the needed DSP files? Or maybe any firmware install images?

Unfortunately not (that I am aware of).

But for sure some kind soul here has them (me included ).
Go for some more posts here (to enable PM messaging) and ask once more for those DEBs.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

@peterleinchen: Thanks for the offer! In the meantime I found the required files.

They are included in old N9 (did not find any old N950) firmwares - but the road to get them is a bit bumpy (you'll need some Linux/console knowledge and a fast internet connection). Here is what I did in case somebody runs into the same troubles:

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you screw your computer or phone up while following these instructions!

Fetch the FIASCO image from http://www.mrcrab.net/nokia/Nokia_N9...Speed=noscript - it is the one named DFL61 HARMATTAN 10.2011.34-1 PR LEGACY 009-OEM1-958 ARM.bin. This will take some time, as the file is about 1GB in size.

Using the flasher-3.5 application (it's the Maemo one for the N900) unpack the FIASCO image.

WARNING: This will unpack the image to the current directory.

$ flasher-3.5 -u -F D9FB48CF_DFL61_HARMATTAN_10.2011.34-1_PR_LEGACY_009-OEM1-958_ARM.bin

The interesting piece is the rootfs.jffs2 file. Despite its name, it is LZO packed. Using ali1234's unlzo script it can be unpacked.

$ sudo apt-get install python-lzo
$ wget http://al.robotfuzz.com/~al/maemo/unlzo
$ chmod 755 unlzo
$ ./unlzo rootfs.jffs2

This will create a rootfs file - which is the root file system as ext4.

Loop-mount the file to some temporary location (e.g. /media/temp) - needs to be done as root:

# mount -o loop rootfs /media/temp

Check /media/temp/var/lib/dpkg/status for the version numbers of the omap3-dsp packages to match the versions required by freemangordon's hack (they should).

The files installed by these packages are:

/etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver
/lib/dsp/*

So pack them up in an archive:

$ cd /media/temp
$ tar cvjf /tmp/n900_720p.tar.bz2 ./etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver ./lib/dsp*

Copy the archive over to your N900 - e.g. using scp - to the home directory:

$ scp /tmp/n900_720p.tar.bz2 N900:~

SSH into the N900 and unpack the files in the root folder.

WARNING: This will overwrite the following files, so be sure to make backup:

/etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver
/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof
/lib/dsp/conversions.dll64P
/lib/dsp/dfgm.dll64P
/lib/dsp/h264bpenc_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/h264bphddec_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/h264hpdec_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/h264mpdec_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/h264venc_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/ipp_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/jpegdec_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/jpegenc_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/m4venc_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/m4vhddec_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/m4vhdenc_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/mp4vdec_sn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/ringio.dll64P
/lib/dsp/usn.dll64P
/lib/dsp/wmv9dec_sn.dll64P

N900# cd /
N900# tar -xvjf /home/user/n900_720p.tar.bz2

Follow the remaining steps in the first post and reboot the phone for the new DSP libraries to work.

On the PC do not forget to unmount the rootfs image:

# umount /media/temp

Cheers

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tempura San For This Useful Post:
@peterleinchen: Thanks for the offer! In the meantime I found the required files.
Well done!

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Sorry. My english is very bad.
I've reflashed my N900 too. I want to install omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb but I don't find.

Please, can you help me?. It's posible with codec and libraries +0m7_armel.deb?
I try install +0m7_armel.deb with dpkg -x but the machine was corrupt.It's is continuously restarted.
I've reflashed again. (FIASCO + COMBINED)

Thank's for the work done.

Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Thanks for your comment and offer peter

Coderus' N9mirror is the one I got the newer deb files from yes, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to link it here though, so I didn't. Searching Google for the debs was the first thing I tried (and how I found Coderus' mirror) but it didn't yield any results for the file versions that freemangordon specified in his description in the first post.

Anyhow, I now have the correct debs (thanks to freemangordon), but they are not yet working. As described in my earlier post, I've done the following:
- Unpack content of deb files to /etc/modprobe.d/ and /lib/dsp/ respectively,
- Copy unzipped libgstdsp.so (obtained from first post) to /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/,
- Uninstall gstreamer0.10-openmax
- Reboot N900.

Result is the same as it was with the 'newer' debs: video's are not played on the device anymore. When I attempt to play a h264 file (in a .mkv container) Media player states 'Unable to play media. Media format not supported'. Same goes for self-recorded video's, or any other video.

Running latest CSSU-testing (not thumb), PK53, CPU@1000mhz, DSP@600mhz.

Perhaps some other packages are interfering? I have the Extra Decoders Support package installed. No other media players though.

If I get it working, I'll post a step-by-step guide detailing how I did it

The Following User Says Thank You to gitanorro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
You can get the needed files here: https://coderus.openrepos.net/n9mirror/001/

Mods: please stick it to the OP or we might expect a flood of mirror requsts.

/edit: according to fmg, they are not

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2015-05-20 at 14:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player