Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by mr_xzibit View Post
a fixed battery huh???
Well it's not fixed fixed, apparently. When it dies you can open the case and replace it yourself - unlike on the iphone where you have to return to apple.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The main reason why the N8 won't beat the iPhone is because it's no iPhone (TM).
This reason makes it very hard for any phone to beat the iPhone.
iPhone people expect the same user interface and exactly the same apps and syncing with iTunes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
The benchmarks represent the GPU, which the original MSNBC article fails to mention. The N8's GPU is very powerful and Symbian^3 is GPU accelerated so the load is on the GPU. Also, the Symbian OS is a lightweight (code base optimized over many years) OS that does not require a high freqency CPU in the firstplace.

In short, the MSNBC writer does NOT know much about anything and this is just another stupid article that causes similarly misinformed consumers to continue to pass negative and totally false judgment on Nokia and their products. It is almost as if there is a conspiracy in the US and someone has put a "hit" out on Nokia. If I was MSNBC, I would never allow that author to post on my site again. The sad part is that most American consumers will take this article and others like it for truth and will not even consider the N8 or Nokia products.

I am amazed at how many americans (I am american) tell me that the Iphone (any Iphone, not just v4) is better than everything, even the N900. There is a fine line between great Marketing, brainwashing and lying.....

People need to realize that internet journalism is NOT held to the same standard that printed journalism used to be held to. Anyone with a way to enter text and permission to post can spew whatever comes to mind....
The reason for this article mostly is to promote and popularize their own domestic products. Getting average Joe to believe that Nokia N8 is worse due to the lower clock speed is positive for them, but in reality bull****. Everybody is about 1GHz CPU, just so that they can say they have such a phone even though they have no idea what the use is. I can't believe that in this age one would buy a 1GHz phone with no features rather than a fully featured Nokia N82.

Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
I'll give you one reason: Symbian.
Coming from an American....I bet you loved the article.