Poll: Will you buy the Jolla phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Jolla phone?

If you order from a European retailer (Jolla is Finnish), it gets sent to their European office in Switzerland, and sent from there to your home.

Pretty sure they'd deliver to Iran and Lebanon

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Anyhow, I've contacted Jolla lots of times, soon I'll know whether it'll be available in my country or not. But there might be a chance that it will be. Because they'll never gain fame if they don't make it available in places that no one knows about them. I hope it can be region-unlocked later on

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
That seems to be an american corporation. Propably very limited use for edi_opteron.

Considering the trade embargo USA has against Iran and the legal trouble americans get into if they do Iran related business.
I praise every single word that you said. That's exactly one of the biggest problem.
Even with the assumption that Jolla will be available in Mid-East in first half of 2014 ( wishful thinking you know! ) it won't officially sell it's product in Iran due to sanctions.
To make things worse, Dollar is now priced three times more than the local currency!! Meaning, I should pay triple. I can deal with the price, hardly, but the availability and the warranty remain obscure .
Have I mentioned the worst? , I've no relative in the EU.
life sucks indeed at this point.
Guys, one question. Jolla does not support ALL Android apps. The question is, can Joll run some medical apps like the human anatomy, drugs and Dorland dic. ?
I asked WP users, no such apps are at WP store. Another reason not to buy the EOS...

The Following User Says Thank You to edi_opteron For This Useful Post:
to all the people hoping for a hardware keyboard:

jolla sailfish doesn't have a landscape mode.

sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to marbleuser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I've just pre order(without pre-payment) a device even if it's a fifty-fifty chance that I actually go through with the purchase.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
to all the people hoping for a hardware keyboard:

jolla sailfish doesn't have a landscape mode.

sorry.
Really? The SDK certainly includes landscape
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
When do we get the specification?

@Jolla, I will kick your *** if you don't release any information soon.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Ask them via Twitter...

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by danested View Post
Not sure whats happening, but me, and my girlfriend placed an order with a friend and colleague(who knows someone in the UK) to preorder the 100€ variant.

Friend said that the UK feiend said he got a call but no mail from Jolla confirming the purchase. Anyone else had this?

what exactly is the mode of order confirmation? How is the voucher recieved? i.e is it electronic and comes via mail or is it something that arrives by post.

To further this my (now)ex-colleague told me the jolla voucher is well recieved, and is actually a physical card. I'm getting a little nervous, dont want to be duped...

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by danested View Post
To further this my (now)ex-colleague told me the jolla voucher is well recieved, and is actually a physical card. I'm getting a little nervous, dont want to be duped...
I can't speak for everyone else, but in my case, I only received an email and nothing else. I went more or less the same route as you - I ordered the device, but placed the billing and shipping address as that of my relative in the UK.

If you (or the person who ordered it) hasn't received the email, ask them to check their junk mail folder - apparently it has a tendency of ending up there.

However, to be absolutely honest (and I mean no disrespect), I think your friend/ex-colleague/UK friend or whoever else sounds like they are blowing smoke up your rear. Who exactly is responsible for the misinformation I can't tell you for sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanboy, gy_wp_sy, jolla, jolla phone, theoclueless, theotool