Since I installed the msn plug in I have been unable to connect close to half the time. On my status it just says network error. Yesterday I was unable to connect for the whole day. I thought it was because the plug in was still in Testing but I doubt this is the case. Today not only is there a network error on msn but also on skype. This means I am unable to chat to virtually all of my contacts. Big issue for me cause IM is one of the 3 main reasons I got the N900.

Has anyone been getting this network connection error? Does anyone know a way to fix the problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Think I fixed the Skype problem. Somehow I got logged on on my laptop and so that must have disconnected the connection on the N900.

Checked to make sure I wasn't also logged on on msn on laptop but I am not so that does not explain the msn N900 problem. I deleted the Testing Catalogue after I installed the plug in as people say opening device to Testing could cause problem. Could the absence of the Catalogue be the problem? i.e you have to have the Catalogue available on your device in other for any apps installed from that catalogue to function properly.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Think I fixed the Skype problem. Somehow I got logged on on my laptop and so that must have disconnected the connection on the N900.

Checked to make sure I wasn't also logged on on msn on laptop but I am not so that does not explain the msn N900 problem. I deleted the Testing Catalogue after I installed the plug in as people say opening device to Testing could cause problem. Could the absence of the Catalogue be the problem? i.e you have to have the Catalogue available on your device in other for any apps installed from that catalogue to function properly.
Catalogue shouldn't be the issue - that is just telling the application manager where installation packages live. This is the reason why there is a caveat about using non-production repositories - when the code is stable and safe it will be pushed to extras as a production package.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Catalogue shouldn't be the issue - that is just telling the application manager where installation packages live. This is the reason why there is a caveat about using non-production repositories - when the code is stable and safe it will be pushed to extras as a production package.
Okay thanks. Will install amsn. Couldn't for the life of me find where to find it for the N900 but will search again.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Utrecht, the Netherlands
I had the same problem with account-plugin-butterfly. First time I installed it it worked fine, but from then on I always got "Network error". Now using haze, seems to work better (so far).

I had this massive same problem with account-plugin-butterfly as well... Only a restart would allow network connection. Hopefully haze will work better!!!

I've just had an update message for account-plugin-butterfly so going to see if that helps now!

I've had the same.

And the latest updated didn't fix it. Quite a pain. I'm tempted to try haze but the -devel label is putting me off.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Utrecht, the Netherlands
I am (still) having no problems whatsoever with haze.

Originally Posted by SirMuttley View Post
I've had the same.

And the latest updated didn't fix it. Quite a pain. I'm tempted to try haze but the -devel label is putting me off.
Well after many said haze is more stable I decided to get that instead. Still get the same problem. Only good thing is that it resolves if I go into account settings and save. Much better than having to switch off and on as I had to do with butterfly. But you have to constantly do this as it constantly drops off. And today even that is not solving the problem although I have not tried switching off and on. Plus it is not only msn I can't connect to today but also google messanger and yahoo messanger.