http://mynokiablog.com/2010/09/26/ra...-the-iphone-4/

The link is actually Nokia Blog's response to an article listing 5 (rather daft reasons) the N8 will not beat the iphone 4 but the 5 reasons are quoted in Nokia Blog's response.

I am not a computer techie so do not know much about these benchmark testings but the N8 numbers seem rather high compared to the ipad. Does that mean the N8's CPU performance is much higher than those of the ipad?

Wait I thought the N8 wasn't even in the same price range?

Edit: Okay it mentions that the iPhone 4 is circa 200 subsidized while the N8 is 549 unsubsidized. I don't get how that is a valid point.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
http://mynokiablog.com/2010/09/26/ra...-the-iphone-4/

The link is actually Nokia Blog's response to an article listing 5 (rather daft reasons) the N8 will not beat the iphone 4 but the 5 reasons are quoted in Nokia Blog's response.

I am not a computer techie so do not know much about these benchmark testings but the N8 numbers seem rather high compared to the ipad. Does that mean the N8's CPU performance is much higher than those of the ipad?
The benchmarks represent the GPU, which the original MSNBC article fails to mention. The N8's GPU is very powerful and Symbian^3 is GPU accelerated so the load is on the GPU. Also, the Symbian OS is a lightweight (code base optimized over many years) OS that does not require a high freqency CPU in the firstplace.

In short, the MSNBC writer does NOT know much about anything and this is just another stupid article that causes similarly misinformed consumers to continue to pass negative and totally false judgment on Nokia and their products. It is almost as if there is a conspiracy in the US and someone has put a "hit" out on Nokia. If I was MSNBC, I would never allow that author to post on my site again. The sad part is that most American consumers will take this article and others like it for truth and will not even consider the N8 or Nokia products.

I am amazed at how many americans (I am american) tell me that the Iphone (any Iphone, not just v4) is better than everything, even the N900. There is a fine line between great Marketing, brainwashing and lying.....

People need to realize that internet journalism is NOT held to the same standard that printed journalism used to be held to. Anyone with a way to enter text and permission to post can spew whatever comes to mind....

Last edited by Deaconclgi; 2010-09-27 at 17:05.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
a fixed battery huh???

wonder why thy have done that? any advantages?
if my n900 had a fixed battery id be fooked!

as for it being an iphone killer?
nothing will be.
well the iphone5 maybe?
nokia make phones.
apple have a phone. so the support for that phone will be endless
wheres nokia phones last as long untill the next one comes out.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Holland
For some people, a simple call-only phone beats any smartphone on the planet

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Berserk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
lol wheres the n900 is a "call-maybe" recieve call-unlikely" kind of smartphone.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_xzibit For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I don't get why they compared the iPhone 3GS when the title stated iPhone 4 in their benchmarks/screenshot at the top of the screen.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
What I don't get is why people insist on believing that specs are directly proportional to a device's success.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
I'll give you one reason: Symbian.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
What I don't get is why people insist on believing that specs are directly proportional to a device's success.
You're right.
If you say that a certain videocard has a 2 GB memory and a lot of Mhz/Ghz, then that's a great fact.
If you say it runs the newest games with all video settings at maximum, without any problems, you sell a lot more

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berserk For This Useful Post: