Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Oh, my impression was this effects all sfos versions since the culprit seems to be mozilla nerfing the MLS (Mozilla location services) API Qouta?
Is GPS still working with no regression on pre 3.3?

For the Pro¹ 3.3 sfos i see it takes 5-10 minutes to get first fix which i work around by having GPSinfo app running in the background if i plan to navigate and need fast fixes.
Given the timing of when I did the 3.1->3.2->3.3 update, I honestly can't be 100% certain whether it was the update or coincidental timing of the service change . . .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
OTA -> bricked -> recovery etc. -> ssh -> version -dup

Anyone knows how to get multimedia working again? Hardware volume buttons don't work anymore, play/pause within music players, camera app shows black screen. I use a XA2 Plus here.

ps 13 reboots fixed the issue:-)

Last edited by BluesLee; 2020-09-30 at 19:33.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I managed to brick my device while downloading the new update. was uninstaling alien dalvik control and it got stuck so i rebooted. boom, stuck on sony logo. kudos to me!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
I managed to brick my device while downloading the new update. was uninstaling alien dalvik control and it got stuck so i rebooted. boom, stuck on sony logo. kudos to me!
Can you enter recovery mode: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...-Recovery-Mode ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
Can you enter recovery mode: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...-Recovery-Mode ?
I figured it’s time to reflash it anyway. I’m on 3.4.0. now but didn’t have much time to test it yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Finland
Any one else having a feature that after every boot orientation of Android apps stop working. When I refresh homescreen everything works again. First I thought it was because of some patch but situation stays the same even all patches are unapplied.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Japsi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have to say this update is wonderful for the browser functionality!

Lots of the websites that caused problems or were not rendered properly like verkkokauppa.com and linkedin.com are now usable on sailfish browser

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
I figured it’s time to reflash it anyway. I’m on 3.4.0. now but didn’t have much time to test it yet.
after a clean flash and update to 3.4.0. alien dalvik doesn't work for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
This update may bring me back to Sailfish. But I will definitely wait for a stable and bugfixed release.

The browser and email folders were my biggest struggles.
I also wanna wait if GPS gets fixed for the X 10 (was unusable with 3.3) and if element-android will run also with videocalls.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
They should make two charges of installing packs. IMHO the image is too big (bricked too, android broken after update, deleted /home/.android).

I did not know that the Mozilla support for localizing does not work anymore (can be set but it is not functional anymore).

What I learned: Put restic (16MB) not into /usr/local/bin...

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post: