Notices

Hi!! my name is sergio silva, iam new in this forums, please excuse my english, is not prefect, yo hablo espaņol =)

a few weeks ago i win a contest, and the price was an n900 trial, the phone (or mobile computer) is on its way, and I hope iam getting it this week in my hands, iam going to have it for 1 month, so I wanted to start developing some stuffs, i know C, C#, java, j2me, and some other stuff, but just the basics of C++, and Qt catch my attention, sooo... I had this idea, i couldn't find any app like this, so i hope its new and useful

please be kind its my first app in Qt, C++, and off course maemo, and its very simple, it wasn't so hard to make, and qt is fantastic!!

its a Resistor Calculator, looks like this:

i'll tried to make it finger friendly, it works like this:

press on a color bar and a color chosser will appear drag ur finger to the color u want and release it to selected, the resistor value is displayed below

you can do the inverse too, you can type the value, select the unit and tolerance (draging and releasing), and the colors will appears above

thats all

as i said i dont have a device right now, so i haven't tested yet, but its working on the sdk

i dont know how to deploy a .deb or how to put it on the repositories yet, ill learn to do that when i get the device, hopefully this week, but for now i just wanted to introduce myself and show you this first app, let me know what you think

bye!!!!!

PD: if this isn't the correct place for posting this things please move it for me, thanks =)

The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to xrgo For This Useful Post:
Cool! It looks good.

WoW

Welcome don't worry about your English. GREAT app.........

Welcome to the forums! And your app looks great, I'm not an engineer or an electrician but this is the type of application I can show my cousins (who are engineer majors) .

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-11-30 at 03:53.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
looks great! very useful app for EE/CS freshman especially. =P You make me recall the day when I still have to look up the chart to read the spec.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Pretty awesome.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, Texas
Great idea, Sergio! I've just been looking at a burned out resistor on my amp to repair.

It looks good for a first release from a new contributor.

thanks guys! you are very kind, i hope i can make something more difficult next time, i'll fill you with questions xD, but i need the device to get me motivated, i cant wait!!!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
That's brilliant, good job

Originally Posted by bbns View Post
looks great! very useful app for EE/CS freshman especially. =P You make me recall the day when I still have to look up the chart to read the spec.
I still look it up/measure it with meter after 20 years of EE

Last edited by b2barker; 2009-11-30 at 05:55. Reason: typo

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Sweet!

You going to do 5 band as well?