Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Glasgow, Scotland
Hi there,

I don't know if anyone is having similar problems, but I seem to be going through a lot of sets of headphones with my N900. It seems that they don't last more than a couple of months before invariably losing output to one earphone.

I had been using a succession of pretty cheap earphones, and I had assumed that perhaps they just weren't particularly reliable, but today my latest, more expensive set suffered the same fate. Could the N900 be causing the damage?

Cheers

- Owen

The loss of output to one earphone is usually a cable problem. I've had it happen a lot with earphones that I'm not very gentle with.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pompey, UK
Might be worth cleaning the earphone socket on your N900 with switch cleaner, just in case it is due to dirty contacts.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ chicago, illinois
the jack itself, is it a 90 degree angle or are they straight? I find that if I have the straight jacks they bend and warp the wires and I have the same fate as you. sony made a fantastic new brand of earbuds and headphones called PiiQ and they have bent jacks and great quality, really last a while too. $15-$30 at best buy. ultimately probably just from heavy use, not directly the device itself

Last edited by forkbracelet; 2010-11-18 at 09:46.