Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
Hi Andrew good to see improvemets on this beta keepup, and a big thank you
Thanks, If anyone has any ideas on how to make this theme look more windows like besides the icons let me know, I'm still trying to find out how to change the icons.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

well just a question why do you choose double color and drop down menu icon that arrow? and l hope you find the trick for the large scrollbars,
if we know the roadmap to this project we can suggest something like adding some vista icons features just a suggestion here. also the other applets have a slight rounded corners so if you can make the top-level bar look similar will make it more like maemo made.

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2008-08-17 at 15:03.

Hi,

Un27Pee, why would you add or want to add Vista icons to a Windows XP theme?

David

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
lol I've searched and searched and haven't been able to find out how to change icons or scroll bars. Also got any ideas to add to the theme? Going to start a Mac version next I think if I can find someone to send me some screen shots of some stuff.
Quick and dirty way is to repack the deb with the added files in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/hildon and add an gtk-update-icon-cache in the postinst

Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
well just a question why do you choose double color and drop down menu icon that arrow? and l hope you find the trick for the large scrollbars,
if we know the roadmap to this project we can suggest something like adding some vista icons features just a suggestion here. also the other applets have a slight rounded corners so if you can make the top-level bar look similar will make it more like maemo made.
Are you talking about the color and arrows on the application menu if you are those colors and arrow are taken from windows XP thats why. As far as I icons I will be adding some XP icons to it I might do a new vista theme after this theme and my Linux Mint theme are done.

As far as the icons go and the large screen bar they both require I repack my deb since the theme maker can't do that as of right now I'm not sure how to do it. Qwerty12 if you know how Can you help me with that or do it for me?

harpgliss i was suggesting some icons to make it nice, i know xp and vista are diffrent but if we have some nice once it will do after all it is just a theme, i personally have xp with vista ui .
beta 5 allready looks nice.

Two questions:

Even though I think the xp theme is fun I unstalled it some days ago. But it still shows up in the 'set theme' menu. How do I completely uninstall it?

A related question is that I'm trying to make my own theme but it won't show up in said menu. I copied the echo folder in /usr/share/themes to echo2, changed the theme name in index.theme and deleted the 'cache' files from the gtkrc folder in it, thinking it works the same way as with the icon cache. After rebooting I expected it to see in the theme selection menu but I didn't. Any idea why?

I have no idea, I haven't heard anyone say that they couldn't uninstall the theme I uninstall it several times a day when I'm updating and it always go away. Try to remove it again and see if it works. The best way to make a new theme is to just use theme maker. Only way I know of.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
As far as the icons go and the large screen bar they both require I repack my deb since the theme maker can't do that as of right now I'm not sure how to do it. Qwerty12 if you know how Can you help me with that or do it for me?
Sure, I can help you do it if you have a deb based linux distro, if not, I can do it for you.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-08-18 at 06:10.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Sure, I can help you do it if you have a deb based linux distro, if not, I can do it for you.
I have Linux Mint installed on one of my desktops but I can always install another one. I'll contact you on IRC later today about it if thats cool.

Tags
maemo 4, theme, windows theme