Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Marko Ahtisaari's N9 presentation in Singapore and his love for the N900 are heartbreaking!!!

I'm sure if he was in charge, Nokia wouldn't have gone to WP
This is all that was needed to be said about Marko. I had a chance to meet him once pre-WP announcement. He was extremely excited about his Maemo/Harmattan project. Since then he looks more and more depressed every time I see him.

Maybe it's me though... or it could be Microsoft.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
This is all that was needed to be said about Marko. I had a chance to meet him once pre-WP announcement. He was extremely excited about his Maemo/Harmattan project. Since then he looks more and more depressed every time I see him.

Maybe it's me though... or it could be Microsoft.
I knew it! I don't know the man...but I could tell from the Singapore presentation... from the N9 design video, from his numerous interviews, from his tweets..

The man loved what he and his team achieved with the N9... I'm sure he loved all Maemo devices and the N950.

I bet he was first dissapointed when N950 did not get the green light.

He seemed depressed huh...? That is sad.

This man has vision and PASSION. He should be the next Nokia director.

*I am just a little greek dude, loving mobile phones since 7110.

I love 7110, 7650, 7700, 7710, N900, N91, N8, N950, N9 and I'm sure that mr. Ahtisaari has the same preferences as well (more or less)

In other words... I love groundbreaking NOKIA.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Google glasses? nothing else explains this part other than having an android husband/wife.

"If you look at people using touchscreen devices today, they’ve got their heads down," he said during LeWeb 2010. "The devices are immersive and require full attention. You’ll see couples in coffee shops who’ve been together 10-15 years both sat with their heads down, operating their devices. We need to give people their head up again."

The best technologies to keep your head up in everyday life are voice activation, perhaps an Air UI that works well, and something akin to Nokia City Lens, which could be piped through designer glasses, like the Facebook spy glasses I've heard a little about, to show you around your city. The vibrating tattoos are interesting, since the purpose of the vibrating was lost on the soul who made the N9 vibrate so weakly. I would have emotional facial tracking, so the phone can tell you when your date is losing patience with you. Autistim = solved.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
If it has Windows, I don't want to know. The new version will let you run 8 apps in the background rather than 5......oooh wow! My N900 will run more than that.

I would rather have the N9 UI on top of a new, simple open platform that made use of open source drivers (especially graphics chip).
OPEN SOURCE DRIVERS! Goodluck. Software is one thing, drivers are another.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
The best technologies to keep your head up in everyday life are voice activation, perhaps an Air UI that works well, and something akin to Nokia City Lens, which could be piped through designer glasses, like the Facebook spy glasses I've heard a little about, to show you around your city. The vibrating tattoos are interesting, since the purpose of the vibrating was lost on the soul who made the N9 vibrate so weakly. I would have emotional facial tracking, so the phone can tell you when your date is losing patience with you. Autistim = solved.
i think your phone should talk more than you, if its going to talk.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
NOKIA is as revolutionary as NORTH KOREA is free.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I just wonder who honestly believes this still?

Revolutionary - optics perhaps. But not phone. Or OS. No longer that is...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guy I just heard Nokia is developing a Revolutionary phone.

It has a 4.7" ClearBlack Display (RGB) at 800p resolution.
The capacitive screen accepts Multitouch gestures as well as a Active Pen.
It runs an OMAP5530 (Dual 2GHz A15 + Solo 1GHz A7) with 1GB RAM.
It only comes with a 64GB NAND variant, but there's a microSD.
To disappoint you, it has a microUSB with HOST and a microHDMI.
It only has a 2,000mAh battery and is a whopping 12mm thick!
The device is fat because of its disgusting 5-row qwerty keyboard which is revealed with a tilt.
The tilt helps guide your fingers to 4 shoulder pads which acts as the volume buttons, camera shutter and flash light.
That's right it has a worthless 12MP Carl Zeiss optics with Xenon flash, and a stupid 2MP on the front.
The whole thing is made of one Aluminium piece that's accidentally been electrocuted for Micro Arc Oxidation. Only the bottom side (HTC Legend) is made of plastic that helps LTE reception but looks atrocious, especially when it opens to reveal the microSD, microSIM and battery compartment.
To make things worse, the device can be stood up and the vibrations from a call cause it to dance like an 8th grader on your desk.
The sound quality isn't bad, but the infidel uses those so mainstream 3.5mm jack with volume control.
Its got all those useless gadgets like a gyro, light sensor, GLONASS-GPS etc which is useless cause there's no 3rd party applications making use of it.
That's right it uses an outdated Linux system with no Apps, has the stupidest name "Me" "Go" and you have to learn C++ if you want to do what you want. It isn't robotic or magical, and frankly it sucks!

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
they made it and soon abandon it, old story, and later comes people thats want 'wazzap' inside it, looool

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post: