HI everybody, i have faced a problem with my n900 today, i downloaded the (qt-maemo5-opensource-src-4.6.2) file which is more that 300mb, and then i copy it to my phone but i was not able to figure out how to install it, later i delete the file from the phone memory and i found out that after deleting has finished it has left more than 1500 read only files on photos, i tried deleting it though mass storage and pc suite but nothing, i even delete all the pics which i have on the phone but the read files still there and whenever im trying to delete it it is saying unable to delete file, so can anyone help me with this issue please?.

The Following User Says Thank You to boss007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Did you try deleting on the device? Where are those files exactly stored?

i tried on the device but it said unable to delete, i cant find any of these files on the file manager, and its all pics for the icons of QT, its only located on the photos section, any idea?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Exact steps, click by click, in a list, welcome. The entire problem is still extremely vague to me...

hey andre, i didnt understand what to do now, do u have any idea how to solve this problem

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
My advice is when you find a hole in your foot, stop shooting. :P

He's asking you for more detail about what you did so we have some idea how to undo it.

FIrst of all, why did you download this and copy it to your phone, what was your intention?

Second, how did you copy it to your phone, and what did you do after you got it there?

Third, how did you try to delete it?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
u can't delete it!! i had the same problem once but the best way is to reflash ur devise!

hi Flandry. i downloaded to QT as i saw a video for it working on n900 for portraid mode ans so many things, i copy it to my device through mass storage and i was not able to install it. then i delete it from the file manager, and after that i found out that it has left more than1000 icon in my photos, when i connect through pc suite or mass storage the files is not showing on the pc, and wen i tried to delete one by one from the phone it says unable to delete the file. hope the info are enough

hi Ali, how did u flash, and will u loose all ur data and programs?

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
terminal
sudo gainroot
cd /[directory containing file]
rm [files]

The Following User Says Thank You to Scottlfa For This Useful Post: