Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bull81 View Post
Works for me

ps. How do you disable description in up-left corner? Its taking a lot of space. Its fine on desktop version but in here we should have an option to toggle.
In the desktop version you can use rightclick to hide the description, same for n900: rigthclick gesture is done by clicking (anywhere in the sky) and hold it for 1sec, than release.

----

if you have problems with conflicting packages maybe this here will help:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43357
try this as root(for every conflicting package):
apt-get install libqt-maemo5-maemo5
apt-get install ilbqt4-maemo5-phonon
apt-get install libqt4-maemo5-xmlpatterns
if you don't know how to do that you probably should disable extras-devel and don't use it ;-)

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
After playing a bit with it: looks promising but it's nowhere ready for pure end users. Be prepared to get your system between slow and stuck, having to reboot to bring your system up to speed again.

I had to run it 2-3 cops before getting it working properly. Weird, it looks like it runs a bit better every time you boot it?

Don't get me wrong: this is just amazing and Big Thank You to the people working on this. Said that, it is not ready for end users and you can help making this clear to everybody interested.
Sometime stellarium seems to respond no longer, try Ctrl+Backspace to open the application switch dialog and then click on the X.
You also can use a ssh connection from a PC to the N900 to close stellarium if you have problems, I never hat to reboot my device...

Last edited by shuairan; 2010-02-05 at 11:58.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
1. Are there any differences with the first version?
2. If I want to uninstall the "old" version(which I installed manually with the libraries) I have to uninstall these libraries,in order to not take space in rootfs, and after to install that from the extra-devel?

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
1. Are there any differences with the first version?
2. If I want to uninstall the "old" version(which I installed manually with the libraries) I have to uninstall these libraries,in order to not take space in rootfs, and after to install that from the extra-devel?
Nearly all libs (especially the big ones from QT4.6) are optified and will be installed into:
/opt/qt4-maemo5
they won't use space on the rootfs.

Try to install it from extras-devel, it should update all libs. But as you can read in this thread sometimes some librarys are causing conflicts, then you'll have to remove or update them manually via rootsh.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by shuairan View Post
Nearly all libs (especially the big ones from QT4.6) are optified and will be installed into:
/opt/qt4-maemo5
they won't use space on the rootfs.

Try to install it from extras-devel, it should update all libs. But as you can read in this thread sometimes some librarys are causing conflicts, then you'll have to remove or update them manually via rootsh.
Ok tnx. Uninstall first or try to update it with that from exra-devel?

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Ok tnx. Uninstall first or try to update it with that from exra-devel?
Try to update and then report here if it works :-)

---

oh theres a problem with the actual version, forget to make the changes to the default configuration. if you had the previous version the config file in /home/user/.stellarium/config.ini it will work fine. for new users, i'll fix it in the next release, until that change the values in the config.ini file:
Code:
181,182c181,182
< screen_h                            = 768
< screen_w                            = 1024
---
> screen_h                            = 480
> screen_w                            = 800

Last edited by shuairan; 2010-02-05 at 12:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shuairan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
shuairan Thanks! It works.

Originally Posted by BillyTheFish View Post
+1 for that! Should we vote here, or should we vote on Stellarium.org?
lets vote here

Originally Posted by Butcherswe View Post
lets vote here
Then I vote for camera integration that allows you to point your N900 at the sky and Stellarium will tell you what you're looking at, overlay star signs or overlay name tags.

Oh, and sky bookmarks if there is a bit of sky that you want to save to look at in more detail later.

Or is that too ambitious?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Guys, the N900 (or any handheld non-DSLR class) camera is unable to take images of stars without a tripod or sorts, so there is little to integrate. It can guess the ALT component from the accelerometers, but AZ is missing without a dedicated compass (unless you're running in the direction of the sky you're interested in and using the GPS to get a bearing )

Ah, that's a shame. Actually, instead of taking images of stars, I think it was meant by the original poster of the idea that the sky would be displayed in real-time on the screen of the N900 via the camera.

It's such a shame the N900 was built without a compass!