Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I'm sure the move is being made with the best of intentions, but I think a year from now its going to be more than the name that has changed.
itT's also a lot different now than it was a year ago, and even more different than it was two years ago. Things change, it's hardly the end of the world.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
...Things change...
And, sometimes even for the better. So, continue to be a part of it and the changes will only be good.

Tim

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Different clothes, same purpose. Congrats.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
itT's also a lot different now than it was a year ago, and even more different than it was two years ago. Things change, it's hardly the end of the world.
I know - but fair enough when claimed it's only a name change

on the topic of changes that won't end the world, see post #29...

"Old memes of the "official" maemo.org in the past (e.g. 'discussion about devices is off-topic') need to be revisited now."

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm sure the move is being made with the best of intentions, but I think a year from now its going to be more than the name that has changed.
Maybe! But why fret about what hasn't happened yet? And may very well not? What's wrong with offering the benefit of the doubt?

I know - but fair enough when claimed it's only a name change

on the topic of changes that won't end the world, see post #29...

"Old memes of the "official" maemo.org in the past (e.g. 'discussion about devices is off-topic') need to be revisited now."
Right! In other words, the inclusion of itT into maemo.org means former contraints of the latter are no longer applicable.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Exactly. maemo.org will be much more affected and radically changed because of its move to a community driven setting and the expansion of its scope from Maemo developers to all kinds of Maemo related topics, including compatible hardware and whatever commercial or community products or activities are to be discussed around it.

Instead, ITt will keep being a community driven project, pushed by the same contributors and discussing about whever they (you, we) wish.

Domain changes, layout changes, organization might evolve. Not that Reggie or you would think of doing such moves anyway.

Perhaps all this picture will be more clear when you see the very official maemo.nokia.com popping up and the official news and deliverables for developers being linked and syndicated from Forum Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Thesandlord at 60

Thanks for your reply! That's my bad - I saw the N97 and imagined it hacked - mainly because I'm impatiently ready for a New Tablet. If the N900 turns out to be more powerful than the N97, I'll be thrilled!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by radiofreewill View Post
I'm impatiently ready for a New Tablet.
And so say we all....

Has anyone confirmed if internettablettalk.com will redirect properly? There are a LOT of sites that link to itT, and they will all break

Also, with not ads, the site should load faster on the tablet, I just realized that...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Well, except for the new maemo.org theme.
You mean I'll no longer be able to read interesting thread titles like "N800 case is a joke and I am not laughing" while I wait for the front page to load?

(For those who've not had the pleasure of watching it load on a slow connection, see the entire background image here.)

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Maybe! But why fret about what hasn't happened yet? And may very well not? What's wrong with offering the benefit of the doubt?
Who's fretting? Just providing perspective and input.