Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
I did track the reply to my thread but I did not find it useful. I thought I'd add a solution to this brainstorm so that it is added officially.
You might not have found my alternate solution useful but I would have found your answers to my questions invaluable.

"Why" questions when people make requests are essential to help getting at the root issue. I doubt the root problem is "I don't want to see app X" (well, I guess it could if the app offends you). Looking at the root problem helps open up the field of possible solutions even if in the end you end up going with the exact same solution.

Now this can go too far and that depends on various peoples situations. For me, the GNOME folks seem to be going too far with their ideas for replacing tabs.

I don't mean this to be me taking issue with your idea. I'm just interested in seeing what other ideas can be generated.

Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
In fact, I already tried this application but I want the feature to be available to all repositories in the official application manager
Joys of ambiguities introduced by text-only communication.

"the feature"? Does Download Assistant have the ability to hide applications? Are you referring to seeing new / updated applications?

about solution #9 and #10 of brainstorm why not add possibility to click on link to talk thread and/or garage/developer page?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Just tell me which one you want edited/merged
Ah, my bad. I didn't check the thread. I do that sometimes...

Anyways, the solution is now updated.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

*bump*
(for community SSU)

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post: