Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
you probably lost your marbles... Ubuntu Edge was scam? No it wasn't. they couldn't collect enough money so they - RETURNED money to the contributors...
What Jolla did was a scam. They created campaign about tablet, and they've spent money on OS development - DELIBERATELY, so they can strike a deal with OEM with licensing the OS...
Oh. My. Gosh. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the blindingly obvious.

It is the intention that counts.

The Ubuntu Edge campaign was a publicity stunt. It was conceived right from the start with the intention to fail. There was never an intention to deliver the product. They set the goal deliberately too high and got a real scare when it was almost reached. Lucky for them it was not but even if it were, they would have come up with some excuse to can it. They returned the money? Big deal. Of course they did. There was no product so they had nothing to spend it on. It was a convenient 0% loan for them, nothing more, nothing less. They made money just by keeping the contributions in the bank until the refund time.

Cue in the Jolla tablet campaign. Conceived with the genuine intention to deliver. And deliver they did: the product the campaign was funding has seen the light of day. If nothing else then that simple fact is proof that their campaign was genuine. Sure there were some problems. The target was set too low. They overestimated their own capabilities and stretched themselves too thin. They badly mismanaged the communication. Yes, they even lied about the delays. You might even say that the campaign failed because Dave999 has not received his toy but that is highly disputable. The goal of the campaign was reached: the tablet exists. And they are working on trying to find some kind of solution for this mess. To me, it spells good intentions with bad execution. Unlike the Edge campaign which was the exact reverse.

So yes, my friend. Ubuntu Edge was a well executed scam. Jolla tablet was a badly executed, genuine campaign with good intentions, run by a bunch of amateurs. But no one with at least one healthy brain cell can accuse them of being scammers.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
And for all those Jolla fanboys... (STFU pic)
That's done it. I can understand your frustration. In case you had not noticed, I was defending you against the militant types like szopin who chose to call you names and refer to your arguments as "vitriol" instead of actually listening. But now you have crossed the line. As much as it causes me pain to say it, I must say szopin was right.

Last edited by pichlo; 2016-01-09 at 07:09. Reason: Removed link to STFU pic

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That's done it. I can understand your frustration. In case you had not noticed, I was defending you against the militant types like szopin who chose to call you names and refer to your arguments as "vitriol" instead of actually listening. But now you have crossed the line. As much as it causes me pain to say it, I must say szopin was right.
>>yawn...<<
look man, you can have your opinion, I don't mind. But writing how Jolla was not scamming people, obviously using the money for their own interest is what I call BS. It is not lousy executed or planned or whatever, they new what they wanted and they did it... They f*** admit it on their blog post for Christ sake.
Anyway, I am not going to argue or write long posts. I don't simply care.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry to say, but:
/me too

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Have you take your medicine today?
Oh man don't get personal...
To the matter of refund. Have you realized that there is no money?
Else i have news for you. There will probably be no refunds.

That no one is speaking it out clearly is because no on wants to be capatain obvious. but if you need it, great:

Jolla has already gone berserk and is operating on its teeth.
We "Fanboys" stay positive for one reason, it is not over yet and we have fun popping the popcorn some more.
If you change attitude and sport some gallows humor over your puny 300€, your totally welcome here.
Else please at least refrain from accusations...

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@prometheus

Please do me/us a favor.
Hire a lawyer and check what you can do legally against Jolla.

To make it more extra vagant: why do you not open a campaign on Indiegogo and ask for companions's money to support you.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
And for all those Jolla fanboys... (STFU pic)
I would like to remind you, prometheus, that this is a forum board; all we do here is talk. In point of fact, it is a forum board wholly unassociated with the Jolla company itself; all the opinions voiced here can be seen reliably as those of the posters themselves. So if someone is acting as a "Jolla fanboy" in your opinion, it is not because Jolla is paying them to do so.

If you are really requesting censorship of posts here (either by browbeating folks into self-censorship or by other means), I would request that you perhaps find a different forum in which to vent your spleen. Lively discussion and debate of mobile device topics is what makes TMO special; try to win your points via a better argument, not by trying to shut people up.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well... seems like the last few pages have been quite eventful.

How about we turn it up a notch. Does Hawking radiation actually weigh anything?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Hey folks, have deleted some posts reported by multiple people, & some that quoted deleted posts or were getting way too OT, please try to keep remotely OT & less personal.
Not following this thread, so if there's further issues please continue to use the report tool or PM me, do note that my time is limited, so I won't always respond "immediately".

Cheers.

Last edited by jalyst; 2016-01-09 at 05:13.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Well... seems like the last few pages have been quite eventful.

How about we turn it up a notch. Does Hawking radiation actually weigh anything?
Are we talking money sucking black holes like Jolla who Running around and takes all and give nothing back since it isis so dense?. Looking att Jolla I say hawking is wrong...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund