There are salesmen, and then there are countless people reading blogs in this age of Internet. Who will win?

*pats the salesmen*

Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
It is pathetic that a CEO is blaming salesmen?
To be honest thought. He never blaimed anybody. The Register used that sentence on it's headline to get more clicks.

Elop just said that Nokia needs to improve sales personnels knowledge on WP...

Last edited by tissot; 2012-01-31 at 17:10.

Long article by Tomi Ahonen panning Nokia and WP. His intro doesn't really do it justice:
http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...oss-plane.html

Sorry if you've seen it already.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
To be honest thought. He never blaimed anybody. The Register used that sentence on it's headline to get more clicks.

Elop just said that Nokia needs to improve sales persons knowledge on WP...
Well, Lumias are completely the same as the WP launch devices. Salespeople are aware that they haven't sold, so why bother offering disliked devices at high prices. WP offers nothing different to the consumer, unlike MeeGo, hence the no interest.

Which has more chance of selling, a device in high demand (GS2, Note, Nexus, N9) or a device with an OS that has had crappy sales for the company since launch?

These salesman are actually smart knowledgeable and I actually respect that.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
I actually stopped in T-mobile the other day and where I am they dont keep working models on the floor. I asked the salesman to see a windows phone. He pulled out the htc and the nokia, the battery was dead on both of them.

Even when they were plugged into the charger they would not start up with the batteries being empty. What a piece of sh*t OS after seeing that I didnt need to see anything else.

Love N9. Got LUmia800 too. It sucks... no support for it at all. All the basic features are not even available for Mango/Lumia800. Not to mention, got to go through MS service just to organize file etc. iTune works for Apple but people that avoid Apple phone obviously do not like to be controlled by iTune sync. Disappointed in Lumia 800 and Mango. I didn't read anything in review regarding so much restriction and limited support even though it had been out for awhile.

Not surprise by the crappy sale figure.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
I think this is the result of bad decisions by Nokia, a part of this ****ing CEO, who is making things worse.
First Maemo, N900 with Meego then, with the N9, the truth that operating systems were very promising.

Steven Elop, little leadership to blame the other, his failure as a CEO.

Nokia react!!!

For now happy for a year and half with my N900, but now it's time to make a decision for a new smartphone, which for now will not be a nokia, Samsung will perhaps Galaxy Note

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I must say i'm glad that it doesn't sell well. F*cking pricks.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...At least HP did it and got rid of the ex-SAP/SaaS-focused numbnut of an CEO that their former one was. Why not, NOKIA?

I really don't understand why Nokia doesn't just release windows phones and N9 in different quarters. For example Lumia in Q4, meego in Q2. Would sort out a % of the 'conflicting competition between themselves.

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows