hi, hope you are all well.

want to pick your brains.

i want to use the n900 as a media stream client. so, i want to be able to stream music to it from my media centre pc (runs xp pro).

currently everything is in the dreaded i tunes on that pc.

i want to be able to wirelessly connect to my network and have the n900 stream music from that server or from internet radio. (can plug external powered speakers into the headphone jack on the n900)

is this possible??

another thing i would like todo is to have i tunes sync all the music from the itunes library to the n900 so i can use the n900 in my car and away from my home network.....

is that possible too??

thanks for your help

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
For transferring the iTunes library to N900 try using Nokia Multimedia Transfer. This solution works for me and it provides all the settings similar to those for iPods and iPhone.

You can stream media wirelessly to N900 by using a media player or server that supports DLNA, such as Windows Media Player.

thanks much appreciated.

what about internet radio?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Not sure if it works on N900 but on my N810 I stream content from my Windows PC to my N810 all the time now (movies, music, etc) using Knots 2.

My own question/request is to be able to stream Netflix FROM my PC TO my N810 but haven't found a way for that yet
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
install a uPnP mediaserver on which ever platform you want and the stock N900 media player will pick it up.

ok, am trying with media player....thanks for all your help

ok, media player and the n900 media player talk just fine. thats lovely! i dont have to buy a sonos system now! thanks for your help!

hmm...trying to get XFM (www.xfm.co.uk) to play via the n900 media player.

the url ive entered for it is the same one i get in chrome when listening

http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/playe...t.asp?s=59&e=0

it doesnt like it.

do i need to enter something else or can i not play this station?

another question....any chance of getting my music library on the pc to autosync with the n900 over my wireless network?

theres probably a few ways. Ive chosen to sync using rsync over ssh from a cron job on a desktop pc running ubuntu. For this to work, you need openssh and rsync installed on the n900.
Alternatively, you could have a play with "GUI frontend for rsync" in app manager (make sure maemo-extras is enabled). This would require a rsync server installed on your PC. Theres windows versions of rsync available if its running windows. Have a look at cwrsync.