Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
any chance of getting multi-window possibilities of placing 2 apps on the screen in the same time, like the brand new ultra-wide sony smartphone?

or at least having this as a 3rd party app?
Isn't that supported natively in android? As far as I'm aware it's just significantly more obtuse to do it in pie, but I believe it's still possible.watch this

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
it is. But it's not the same on every device. On XZ2 you press and hold on the app and then just drag it to the top of the screen. I'll check how it is on xperia 10. Because, they are both sony, both run pie but the launcher is not the same. The most obvious difference are gesture support. And BTW those android gesture sucks, I switched to regular buttons. And I do miss gestures from sailfish

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
any chance of getting multi-window possibilities of placing 2 apps on the screen in the same time, like the brand new ultra-wide sony smartphone?

I would love this for Sailfish. There is a very old request for this on TJC, but unfortunately it never happened. I think it really is a key productivity feature.

I do not care much about features for Android, but I think there is already such possibility. I suppose it will be good for most potential buyers of the Pro1 since they will use Android for the most part. It might be especially useful when there is no screen estate used by a VKB. It's sad that we cannot have it on Sailfish (maybe with a patch? I guess it would be too much for just a patch).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

We will fully comply with EU policy with return and warranty policy.
Great! You should have VAT free ordes for business users.

And of course different keyboard layouts too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I would love this for Sailfish. There is a very old request for this on TJC, but unfortunately it never happened. I think it really is a key productivity feature.

I do not care much about features for Android, but I think there is already such possibility. I suppose it will be good for most potential buyers of the Pro1 since they will use Android for the most part. It might be especially useful when there is no screen estate used by a VKB. It's sad that we cannot have it on Sailfish (maybe with a patch? I guess it would be too much for just a patch).
Well I've been thinking of working on an android app compatibility layer myself for quite some time and my plan was to get this phone as a gateway to that, but I would only really start working on it until after I make a pc which I'm planning to do later this year.

There are a couple of approaches I could go, SPURV or Anbox, neither support pie, but I was thinking of jumping straight to Android Q and get one of those compatibility layers to support it. But it will take a while.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD

You can do this by enabling Freeform mode.

https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...an-utilize-it/

EDIT:The above link describes how to make all apps floating. It can be glitchy at times. Most Android phones allow you to place 2 apps on screen in a vertical fashion. There are also apps that have a set of feature apps which open as floating apps.

Last edited by mscion; 2019-05-23 at 11:43.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
can it work in landscape orientation too?
Checking the first page of this thread would have been a good start, prior to asking anything about the Pro1..

Even without reading through every single link listed there, the pictures would have answered your question.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
To check I just installed floating apps. The answer is yes.
Attached Images

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
And I do miss gestures from sailfish
Until using Android (specifically MIUI) for an extended period I was also thinking Sailfish was better in terms of gestures. Now, I am sorry to see how Android companies (and Apple) have already taken lead in gestures. I was not expecting swiping on the left/right edge to go back would ease navigation that much. Switching between the last used apps is also a breeze. AFAIK, Sailfish also implemented this on 3.0, but I've left SfOS at 2.x.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
The UI has changed so much in SFOS 3. Mostly for the better - I'm still bitter about the loss of swiping cover actions (why not just have edge swipes bring up the events view instead?) but in general the whole system feels more polished and the UI more robust.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit