Hi guys,

I recently bought a Nokia N9 from a website in the Netherlands, but the phone came from China. When i start the phone, the message in the feed says: New Meego update. But then, when I try to update it, it says: Unable. So I guess i can't update it to 1.3 trought OTA. Neither does update trough Nokia Suite work...

So I think I have to flash it. But I'm not an expert, I'm a newby when it comes to flashing my N9. Second problem is that I've bought a chinese version (with chinese apps) I don't want that!

So, my question is: How do I get 1.3 on my phone and is it possible to lose the 'chinese' version?

My product code is: 059L4m9 and that's this one according to the NOkiafirmware website: 3 Se Se Black 16gb V1 - Mr(059L4M9)

The version of the software is: (30.2012.07-1_PR_003). I think the '003' part is what I think is the China version.

I've read the flashing guides, but a lot of links don't work anymore..

Please help me by a step-by-step guide for updating my phone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheFriendlyFiend For This Useful Post:
Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
you can get the flasher here

Firmwares can be found here

This is a very good guide, refer to that.

I suggest reading the ubiboot wiki too, and get into openmode right away.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tioubxancur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
And definitely do not forget about repo mirrors!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Thanks so much guys, for the help.

I had a slight change of plans. I used the 'new' n9 for spare parts. New screen (old one broke) and battery. So now I have a brand 'new' old n9 with EU firmware. My old phone.

I did a total erase (zeroise device) because for some reason the device lock code needed to be updated (and I didn't know it anymore..)

Flashed it, and voilá, testing and installing right now.

Also enabled the repositories like you said.

Glad I did it. Pview

Thanks again!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheFriendlyFiend For This Useful Post:
Hi! I tried to flash my own N9 and failed with "CMT RFS failed" error. I have a german N9 and flashed it with a 001 firmware. Has anyone a link to an 009 firmware or any other suggestions? The phone is running, but I get an error like "something is wrong with your SIM" (with and without a SIM) after starting. Everything else seem to work correctly.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaotika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
Here is DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_009-OEM1-958_ARM.bin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h38ukdgp3...8_ARM.bin?dl=0

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Thanks! I flashed the 009, got the same error...finally I flashed the CMT with 003 and its working again...strange, but its back working!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to kaotika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
'German' N9???
Not really!

Regarding your latest statement '003 succeeded', this confirms you had an Asian firmware with Asian CMT installed. This cannot be over-flashed by any other CMT than an Asian.
See the bigtruck's N9 flashing guide thread, lots of occurrences there.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheFriendlyFiend View Post
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Nokia N9 from a website in the Netherlands, but the phone came from China. When i start the phone, the message in the feed says: New Meego update. But then, when I try to update it, it says: Unable. So I guess i can't update it to 1.3 trought OTA. Neither does update trough Nokia Suite work...

So I think I have to flash it. But I'm not an expert, I'm a newby when it comes to flashing my N9. Second problem is that I've bought a chinese version (with chinese apps) I don't want that!

So, my question is: How do I get 1.3 on my phone and is it possible to lose the 'chinese' version?

My product code is: 059L4m9 and that's this one according to the NOkiafirmware website: 3 Se Se Black 16gb V1 - Mr(059L4M9)

The version of the software is: (30.2012.07-1_PR_003). I think the '003' part is what I think is the China version.

I've read the flashing guides, but a lot of links don't work anymore..

Please help me by a step-by-step guide for updating my phone!
Hi!! I'm interested in getting my hands on an N9 too. Can I check whether there is a way to get WhatsApp working on you N9, and how to sync music to it?

Also, roughly how much free space is there when in factory state?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to gemmoglock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
And definitely do not forget about repo mirrors!
Hi!! I'm interested in getting my hands on an N9 too. Can I check whether there is a way to get WhatsApp working on your N9, and how to sync music to it?

Also, roughly how much free space is there when in factory state?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to gemmoglock For This Useful Post: