Hi,

I have been setting up my iGoogle page so its useable from the N800 and indeed any other machine I login on. However, I see that the Gmail gadget does not seem to work on the N800 - it says something like "service temporarily unavailable" but works fine on my PC/PS3/Laptop etc...

Does anyone have a solution for this? Obviously I can just go directly to Gmail itself and its fine but I like the idea of having everything I use on the same iGoogle page...

And while I am here - its not possible to shrink iGoogle pages to two columns instead of three is it?

cheers all!!! :-)

Gav

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by GavinK151 View Post
Hi,

I have been setting up my iGoogle page so its useable from the N800 and indeed any other machine I login on. However, I see that the Gmail gadget does not seem to work on the N800 - it says something like "service temporarily unavailable" but works fine on my PC/PS3/Laptop etc...

Does anyone have a solution for this? Obviously I can just go directly to Gmail itself and its fine but I like the idea of having everything I use on the same iGoogle page...

And while I am here - its not possible to shrink iGoogle pages to two columns instead of three is it?

cheers all!!! :-)

Gav

I have the same, most gadgets work fine, the funny this is the two that don't are both Google gadgets, as with you the mail notifier and the calendar (while it displays the calendar it does not show any appointments).

All my other gadgets work well though, news, share graphs, local weather, local cinema listings, msn messenger, currency converter, calculator etc etc.

If you only want two columns you can drag the gadgets around the screen to position them where you want and in whatever order you want them but you need to do that on a desktop and the setting will be saved for next time you use your N800

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Using Igoogle with the messenger gadget or using msn web-messenger is another option that works for using messenger on the N800.

The Following User Says Thank You to kudos1uk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
If you only want two columns you can drag the gadgets around the screen to position them where you want and in whatever order you want them but you need to do that on a desktop and the setting will be saved for next time you use your N800
Ah OK I tried this but the gadgets still only take up the equivalent of 2 columns - i.e. they dont stretch out to fill the screen. I just get two columns that are the same size as when there were 3... did you get round this problem?

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Talking about your perfect startscreen: an iGoogle-like startscreen for the N800 would really give the device a boost. (And we could finally get rid of that nasty RSS-reader that comes built in)

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
But with this rss reader you can read the rss offline

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
But with this rss reader you can read the rss offline

When you're lucky, yes. But when you're not, the message itself is unreadable offline.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
I have the same, most gadgets work fine, the funny this is the two that don't are both Google gadgets, as with you the mail notifier and the calendar (while it displays the calendar it does not show any appointments).
Both display correctly on my iGoogle page using the new browser with the engine set to MicroB.

Google Reader also works fine on my iGoogle . Although on the actual Google Reader page there is the option of 'offline' viewing, I have yet to figure out how to install / repackage the required 'gears-linux-opt.xpi' extension.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Toronto
can someone test turning off the n800 with the RSS reader still open and tell me if all of the feeds just disappear