I do not get the usb popup for connecting with a computer. (the popup which asks whether you want the mass storage mode to be activated or the pc suite mode). The device only charges.

There is one other post on this forum that concerns the same issue slightly (http://forums.internettablettalk.com...ad.php?t=69133), but it eventually turns to different problems than resolving the usb connection problem.

So this is a little history:

I got in a boot loop recently, i reflashed rootfs to get the device working again. After installing my previous apps and got the settings back as they were (not using a backup, but all by hand) I tried to install sygic mobile maps.

At first the installation didnt work, because presumably the files "maps", "res" and "drive" were somehow not working with the fresh version of the program (since they werent deleted by the reflash). So I deleted the 3 files, put the downloaded files back at the root of the n900, and tried the installation again. This time it worked. (the reason I'm telling this is because maybe the deleting of these files has something to do with the usb connection not working).

I then set to try and install mobile hotspot, wich at first was the reason i had to reflash my device. Being somewhat wiser I managed to get Mobile Hotspot working (by installing enhanced linux power kernel).

Now, I do not know whether or not this was the final application I installed. But assuming this was the problem for the usb connection failure, I deisntalled mobile hotspot and the reinstalled the standard nokia kernel again. But, still no usb connection popup. Just charging.

I looked arround abit, for solutions and came up with this one:

FSCK (fsck -a /dev/mmcblk0p1) and (fsck.vfat -a /dev/mmcblk0p1)

But also this had no succes.

So please! help me out here with any genious suggestion you might come up with. Thankyou!

Last edited by tim_de_wolf; 2011-04-12 at 16:13.

This is like the 3d time ive posted something on this forum, while being actually utterly stupid... sigh... i disabled the wrong thing with powatool, making the popup not showing

yes.. you can laugh at me

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
It's ok, we all do mistakes. Be glad that you've figured it out eventually.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
And it might help others with the same problem.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
I'm having the same problem here mate, what power tool were u talking about? I have no idea how to get this USB pop up msg back.

Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
I'm having the same problem here mate, what power tool were u talking about? I have no idea how to get this USB pop up msg back.
powatool is an application wich enables you to edit the statusbar (the bar wich pops up when clicking on the clock with internet connection and bluetooth and other options). with this program you can delete some things wich you find unusefull, in my case the bluetooth thing.

there is though more to "powatool". for example you have the option to disable the popup when connecting the usb cable, and other different things. i went on disabling things not knowing what they were, and with that i disabled the popup by accident. in powatool its called: "usb status menu". checking this box will get the popup back.

altough if you dont use this app, there will probably be an underlying problem in your case, with which i cant help you. only one advise, try installing powatool via app manager en see if that fixes the problem

hope i could help

The Following User Says Thank You to tim_de_wolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Thanx mate, I tried but didn't work. I guess my problem is similar to yours but somehow the reasons got me to it are different. I remember it didn't work after the latest CSSU update. Thanx for responding

SOLVED: I restarted my "Laptop" this time. wtf?

Last edited by K9999; 2011-05-31 at 03:40.