Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
True story, some colleagues call me to reinstall/repair their PCs and some of them have 256 or 512 MB RAM PCs AND they have never complained about RAM. I dont understand what is that complaining about 1 GB RAM on a MOBILE DEVICE. What will you do on it? Play GTA V? Use Pinnacle Studio? Maybe Photoshop RAW images?

NO, Im sure you cant do those things that really need LOTS of RAM. Android needs such device because of its memory leaks, bad optimization, blah blah... Just hope for a good OS, if so 1 GB will be completely enough for it. Forget about 2GB & quad/hexa-core on a mobile device
Agree on that. At home I use an old 2006 Mac Mini with 2Gb Ram (originally 1Gb). The system runs perfectly with Ubuntu 13.04, incl. heavy multi-tasking - no problems at all. But my MacBook (late 2011 model) runs OSX 10.8 with 4Gb - forget about good performances. It's slow and laggy as soon as I do some real work on it and have several programs running. So there's a problem with the software, not hardware...

So if Sailfish OS is done well (not like OSX for example) I really don't see a problem with the given specifications. I trust Jolla: They do their job with a certain passion for the product. I don't believe they would sell a phone they weren't enthusiastic about.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
nice video for i2c bus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWixZcZ6JY

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zapotek For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I would like to see how Sailfish performs on commonly used task:

1. Texting: how is predictive text, how is keyboard, does it come close to iphones? N9 was not on par with competition.

2. Email: does it sync with corporate email, how well is is threaded. N9 crashed all the time with my large inbox.

3. Calendar: will it sync flawlessly with corporate accounts.

The UI is intriguing, but if it fails the simple and commonly used tasks, as N9 unfortunately failed at, then Jolla is history.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I would like to see how Sailfish performs on commonly used task:

1. Texting: how is predictive text, how is keyboard, does it come close to iphones? N9 was not on par with competition.

2. Email: does it sync with corporate email, how well is is threaded. N9 crashed all the time with my large inbox.

3. Calendar: will it sync flawlessly with corporate accounts.

The UI is intriguing, but if it fails the simple and commonly used tasks, as N9 unfortunately failed at, then Jolla is history.
I have to agree on that one. Hopefully Sailfish is more polished out of the box in those areas. It doesn't take a quad core or a lot of RAM to manage those tasks either way.

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
There is some rumours / speculation about Rovio making Angry Birds other half in one finnish paper.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/digi/art-1288604858538.html

Rovio gives the usual "No comment" comment, ie. not denying or confirming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
angry birds is an old game

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Cagliari, Italy
Ghst & goblins is an old game too, but I don't care.
Do't mix personal point of view with the "point" : the O.S.
I,personally, don't care about gaiming in a miniminimini tv screen.
(i'm already nearsighted!!!!)

does Jolla have FM radio?Dolby Digital Plus

Last edited by youmeego; 2013-10-01 at 15:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
5Ghz is missing for wifi and no FM radio .

I dont mind the 1GB RAM, it seems enough. But 5GHz wifi is a good plus going forward as 2.4Ghz band gets congested in apartment buildings.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
angry birds is an old game
... and you'd be the first one to complain should it be missing.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: