Active Topics

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
that comand is in the 4-5-th post here, so i don't agree with u.
i can confirm that comportament also - black desktops in portrait mode, bo background changes.
did you read his post really carefully?
his on stable CSSU...this is for Testing CSSU...Stable and Testing CSSU is differents....he use testing command on stable CSSU...

next time read carefully...i know the command is in this thread but its for TESTING CSSU...

Last edited by pusak gaoq; 2011-12-04 at 14:21.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
Why? Here is why. Can you store installed packages to the phone with HAM? apt-get install/upgrade -d or apt-get -o dir::cache=(download location) install/upgrade can.
And how is that related to upgrading CSSU?

CSSU team definitely does NOT support CSSU upgrade via anything but HAM. Of course you're free to mess up your system with anything you want, but for the particular purpose of upgrading to latest CSSU there are good reasons to use HAM, and there's not much that reasonably suggests to do it any other way - particularly any assumed speed advantage is debatable when you'd follow the path of "if we could init 3..." to make your alternative method competitive regarding reliability

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Thanks arcean [...].
MAG is a genius so im sure it will be done soon!
Just a sidenote, meant to not give disrespect to anybody, but sometimes it feels like this is a general misconception: MohammadAG is *maintainer* of CSSU-T, means he integrates patches into a distro. The patches however are done by all the CSSU contributors listed under "about CSSU" and a lot of others not mentioned there. It's not like CSSU is a one-man-show (same applies to a lot of other projects in a similar way).

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
I got notifation about the new update few days ago. It installed without a problem.

Today I noticed this thread and desided to try the portrait wallpaper code:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true

and rebooted.

After this, the desktops are messed up, every icon and widget is shown on 1 desktop on top of each other and i cannot scroll left or right.
I can enter to the phone application and I can see that the version is v 21.2011.38-1. Is this the stable one or the testing one?

Is there a way to redo this action or am I destined to reflash?

Originally Posted by Mc_mice View Post
I got notifation about the new update few days ago. It installed without a problem.

Today I noticed this thread and desided to try the portrait wallpaper code:

and rebooted.

After this, the desktops are messed up, every icon and widget is shown on 1 desktop on top of each other and i cannot scroll left or right.
I can enter to the phone application and I can see that the version is v 21.2011.38-1. Is this the stable one or the testing one?

Is there a way to redo this action or am I destined to reflash?
if you got notification about new update the definitely you on Testing CSSU...it can be confirm at About Community SSU in setting....

reverse the command and set it to false....reboot then try re-edit your desktop widgets...if it works then keep away from entering the command for now until CSSU team can figure out why some device can change portrait wallpaper & some device can't....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Could not get to setting nor x-terminal to reverse the command, even the shortcut combo did not work. Had to reflash, as I need the phone back online tommorrow.

Got a backup from a week ago, so nothing big was lost..

Originally Posted by Mc_mice View Post
Could not get to setting nor x-terminal to reverse the command, even the shortcut combo did not work. Had to reflash, as I need the phone back online tommorrow.

Got a backup from a week ago, so nothing big was lost..
using your hardware keyboard press Shift+Ctrl+X button to open x-term....

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
using your hardware keyboard press Shift+Ctrl+X button to open x-term....
When theres no hildon-desktop running I believe this isn't registered. so when booting press it alot and hope you get a shell, while hildon desktop isnt crashed yet you have to time to open xterm.

I was lucki to have an xterm entry in powerkey

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
remember guys: set desktop scrolling to vertical! this will set scrolling in portrait-mode, you guessed it, vertical. this prevents the wallpaper (which are horizontally aligned) to be scrolled horizontally while being tilted 90 degrees.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Yes, it should work flawlessly. You will have to type some command in terminal:
Code:
Remember to reboot Maemo.

If You want to change wallpaper for portrait mode, just turn device to portrait and enter desktop edit mode.
DON'T USE THIS COMMAND, and if u use'it, setting the value to false will solve the problem, at least for me.

Tags
cssu testing