Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
So this error message appears every time I try to turn off the fm transmitter. Any ideas on how to make it shut down properly?
Once running, and you try and close it a message pops up stating it cannot access the transmitter.

Open x-terminal and gain root ("sudo gainroot"), then type the following.

killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

After this click on the status bar at the top, the fm tranmitter short cut will still be open, click on this. Without changing any settings click save. It will close and the FM icon will disappear.

Now each time you run it, it will work as supposed to.

Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to jasonisdavid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
damn you guys are stupid. read to which comment I replied about FCC reporting.

(hint: there maxximuscool made a new statement that messing with frequencies won't do you any harm)

so which one we should believe? initial warning or later comment that says there will be no problems?

the problem here is that some people give engouraging advice but won't stand behind their words if they are wrong. that is why I am here writing warnings.

(and as I said, some laws about reserved frequencies can be really unrealistic for your eyes)
I'm having a HELL of a Good time!!

Last night I cranked up my Pirate N900 Radio Station and drove around the Neighborhood for 4 hours transmitting Elvis singing "Suspicious Minds" at 76.1 mHz.

Then I came home and tore the labels off all my Mattresses.

After that I was so hopped up, I started running through the house with Scissors!

Today, I'm considering getting really edgy and using the Lord's

name in Vain.

Looks like you're gonna be busy, you have a lot to do.

You need to:

1) Call the FCC and report all the Roque Pirate N900 Radio Stations that are causing more trouble than Sunspots.

2) Call the Mattress Police and tell them being on Probation has not cured me.

3) Notify my Mother that I am thumbing my nose at her.

4) Call Rome to arrange my Excommunication.

Ohh, and Tomorrows another day, get ready...

Douche-Nozzle!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Here is a video of fully working unlocked or should I say (HACKED) FM Transmitter .
It's purely legal at where I am. So I'm uploaded it to Youtube to show that it is working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcgcfemOks

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-08-20 at 21:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Here is a video of fully working unlocked or should I say (HACKED) FM Transmitter .
It's purely legal at where I am. So I'm uploaded it to Youtube to show that it is working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJOzGi38Wek
Thanx! I followed directions on this thread and everything worked perfectly.

For the last 12 hours I have been blasting across as much of the Pirate Spectrum as I can.

Cause that's how I Roll!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
What's it to you? Why are you so very concerned, you're not here to "warn" anyone, you just want to be a dick. Maxximuscool already gave his disclaimer, and his great work made the front page of Maemo via thehandheldblog.com...
Not to be King Richard here (the first Royal Dick), but the person you should be thanking for the "work" posted right before you.

But that's ok, thehandhelblog.com also quoted my advice and references qwerty12's work that has been available on this forum for a month now without credit too.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
Been trying to get this working for a an hour or so but it kept coming up with the "Unable to use FM transmitter" message.

I finally got it working by reinstalling the 'Simple FMTX desktop widget', and using this I can now toggle the FM transmitter on and off again with the new wavelength settings. However if I use the FM menu from the media player app or settings it still give the error message. But with the widget it works fine, which suits me as I always use this.

Having these extra freqencies available are really useful to me as I drive 200 miles plus a day and use my FM transmitter a lot and I am constantly having to change frequencies on the move as I cross into different areas, this should help a lot. Thank you.

Originally Posted by torsen View Post
Been trying to get this working for a an hour or so but it kept coming up with the "Unable to use FM transmitter" message.

I finally got it working by reinstalling the 'Simple FMTX desktop widget', and using this I can now toggle the FM transmitter on and off again with the new wavelength settings. However if I use the FM menu from the media player app or settings it still give the error message. But with the widget it works fine, which suits me as I always use this.

Having these extra freqencies available are really useful to me as I drive 200 miles plus a day and use my FM transmitter a lot and I am constantly having to change frequencies on the move as I cross into different areas, this should help a lot. Thank you.
have you installed fmtx faker? may help
on first run, it will "patch" your fmtxd.

you can unpatch and patch via x-term commands
fmtx-faker-tool patch
fmtx-faker-tool unpatch

I didn't uninstall Simple FMTXD Widget and it still work? I forgot about it. Also when you type killall fmtxd...it says no process killed or something....is that fine?

Seems to be working. But the only problem is that doesn't want to turn off and giving that message Unable to use FM transmitter and its happening only when using bellow frequency 87.5 Mhz (in my case). The only way i can turn it off is by FMTX widget. Which is ok for me as long as it works and power_level still at 120 without fmBooster.

Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
Seems to be working. But the only problem is that doesn't want to turn off and giving that message Unable to use FM transmitter and its happening only when using bellow frequency 87.5 Mhz (in my case). The only way i can turn it off is by FMTX widget. Which is ok for me as long as it works and power_level still at 120 without fmBooster.
Actually, that happens to me too.
I had to bring back the broadcast frequency to above 87.5 to turn it off.

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm