Closed Thread
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
everyone has iphone,

in my location, it looks like im the only one that have an n900 in about 10-20mile distance. that is awesome!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Wow. optimism will never die, will it.

You say you're waiting for the N900 to get better. You think that it just needs some "programs"? The goddamn media player barely works for christ's sake, and you're worried about getting more apps?

How about making a decent phone thats easy to use and actually has good functionality first, then you can worry about trying to catch up to your competitors in the app market.

I mean, seriously, what good is being able to load up your device with music, podcasts and videos if you cant play half of the audio and the media player doesn't even remember playback position?

Nokia has a lot more to worry about when it comes to the N900 than just getting apps. As far as i'm concerned, the N900 is already just a footnote in tech history.

The Following User Says Thank You to techngro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by techngro View Post

How about making a decent phone thats easy to use and actually has good functionality first, then you can worry about trying to catch up to your competitors in the app market.
i believe Nokia cant. the iPhone is there.....

and maybe that is why the n900 is not.....so well advertised, its other functions and features are not so user friendly except for the basic telephony stuff.

i graduated in the sense that i have a phone that can call, send/receive sms/mms etc.

now i want a more challenging one. "Finish him!"

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-05-31 at 20:49.

If you hate the n900 so much, let it go. If it what was meant to be, it will come back to you.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Bourdain View Post
No, I'm so pissed because my N900 is lying like a dog turd on my desk right now.

I absolutely regret buying this device, even more than the Nintendo Wii.
I will buy it from you. Post pics. I'm dead serious.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
keep trolling boys - maybe ure so pissed cause your Hangdroid/iDont got penetrated by some N900's aircrack

you must add Extras-devel or Extras-testing, for it to show up.

when you are done u can disable devel/testing.
can someone give me a quick reminder n how to add those repositories?

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Get back to playing with your RC controlled Lego contraptions in the basement
lol! ...actually it wouldnt be such a bad idea. i know of some guys here, that coded a webserver for "lego mindstorms", if i remember correctly it required some serious optimizing since each piece only have 4KB memory :-D

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
can someone give me a quick reminder n how to add those repositories?
heres some quick spoon feeding - visit this website with your N900 webbrowser:
http://my-maemo.com/faq/showquestion...dAuto=16&faq=4

on that website you can install the repositories automaticly by clicking on the provided links there... but remember to disable them later (can be done from application manager by clicking on the bar)

EDIT: when that is done, u will have Hide User Agent and MediaBox youtube plugin under App managers cathegories "networking" and "multimedia".

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-06-01 at 00:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
lol! ...actually it wouldnt be such a bad idea. i know of some guys here, that coded a webserver for "lego mindstorms", if i remember correctly it required some serious optimizing since each piece only have 4KB memory :-D
wow, I don't mean to be offensive but that is really sad

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2010 @ United Kingdom
Some would say he is a social trainwreck.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
wow, I don't mean to be offensive but that is really sad
nope. that is actually... - very happy!

its a excellent way to learn how computer internals REALLY work - and with that knowledge as a base, harder achievements can be undertaken.
in the end, these will be the guys who earn millions by optimizing slow software for big companies like nokia or apple...
...drivers and kernels are hardly coded in visual basic

PS. i dont have any manhood pride so dont mind stepping on toes. i wont take any offence... corrupted pride is only for people who are dissatisfied with their lives - trollkiddies as example

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-06-01 at 01:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread