Notices

Poll: Would you pay $1 for a maemo theme?
Poll Options
Would you pay $1 for a maemo theme?

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
i would also pay for it if its something i really found special and have great functionality.

functionality could be something related to: 4 desktops that each have a certain layout that will somehow be specialized for different usages. ex: "homescreen 1=applications", "homescreen 2=widgets", "homescreen 3=internet shortcuts" ...etc...

usually i also get disoriented when using 4 desktops, i never know if i should navigate right or left to reach a certain homescreen the fastest way.

things like these can improve the feeling of each desktop homescreen, if its nice graphics as well.

currently im using some bacteria desktop backgrounds with really nice powerful colors that really makes their own right on the N900 screen... ex. of mi current 1st desktop:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0723194321.htm

(i think the purples, pinks, whites and blacks really are eyecandy and blows away the N900 screen!)

if a complete theme with similar effects like this can be made and more suited for the N900, i would seriously consider buying - as i like flashy stuff like this with plenty of functional adaption

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-06-17 at 01:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:
I have to be honest.. probably not.

I just don't pay for stuff.. (though I have been known to donate to things..). Not that I'm saying a theme isn't worth $1.. it most surely is, and I would hold no one that released a theme for $1 ill will..

I just wouldn't use it .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Phoenix, Arizona
For a theme I really liked that worked very well $10? For a good program that I could use often up to $100. And if you feel like donating part of your proceeds, then that is your own business. Just make it a finished product that I won't have to keep updating.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
If the theme looks cool, yes.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Yes! Especially if someone could fix and update the itheme in the extra.

It's a beauty, but the virtual keyboard needs fix among few other things. The author is no where to be found:-)

Thanks!

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
I've been considering using my N900 again and creating some themes to sell on the Ovi store. Before I start please help me determine if its worth my time.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I would pay more than $1 if you showed a detailed preview before purchase

And if they are quality themes, such as black plastic, reflect, carbon, array...

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
So you won't pay developers who work hard in their free time but you will pay a multibillion dollar company for their work?
Totally. I contribute to the open source world - and I do it to make the world a better place, not for financial gain.

I gave dosh to the multibillion dollar company as I wanted some hardware they sold. That's the joy of living in a capitalist world.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
I remeber you opened a topic stating that you will update that theme when certain condition is met ( some app u needed to access you email at or something like that) maybe it was another person
It was me I really have not use for my N900 anymore since I can't use it at work, no cell service, can't connect to work network due settings I need, and can't teather to cell phones anymore it seems. So I tried to blackmail to get it working but didn't work lol.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

It was me I really have not use for my N900 anymore since I can't use it at work, no cell service, can't connect to work network due settings I need, and can't teather to cell phones anymore it seems. So I tried to blackmail to get it working but didn't work lol.
It is possible to tether N900 to another phone. It is not trivial to set up, but possible. You need to install the package bluetooth-dun-client from my repository, and then edit a few text files. Details here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37198 and here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40157 .

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
5$ for a theme on request sounds fear enough?

If so: I'm on!
Got a request for you

A theme with my favorite soccer team!
(Lovely sentence! )
$5 for a theme, are you insane ???

If we are going to go down the road of paying for apps and themes why don't we just buy an iPhone, at least the apps would be of a decent quality.

Surely paying for software/themes goes against all the n900 stands for ??

doesn't it ?