Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
yeah... fixing the keyb lights and status led after FCAM requires pulling out the battery for a few minutes... its not enough with only a few seconds.

The Following User Says Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:
Hello all!!

I´ve the same problem no Keyboards light. I also think that was problem from Fcam, because i also had it.

For now i uninstall Fcam, but the light from keyboar still don´t work. i´m not a expert on programing... but i want to now if anyone have the final solution for this problem??!!??

I need your help....

Tanks to all

Originally Posted by h_miguel_castro View Post
Hello all!!

I´ve the same problem no Keyboards light. I also think that was problem from Fcam, because i also had it.

For now i uninstall Fcam, but the light from keyboar still don´t work. i´m not a expert on programing... but i want to now if anyone have the final solution for this problem??!!??

I need your help....

Tanks to all
Did you try, what I suggested on pg 3?

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
-_-, not sure if this would work as I've never had this problem, however I do turn my kb lights off on purpose, to save battery when gaming. You guys can try this:

Go to mce.ini and look for this line:
Modules=display;keypad;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-als;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camer a;homekey;audiorouting

Remove the word 'keypad' to make it look like this:

Modules=display;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-als;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camer a;homekey;audiorouting

(All this does is take off keypad lights.)

Restart the phone and remove the battery. Now turn it on again.

Go back to mce.ini and re-add the word keypad to the line
e.g

Modules=display;keypad;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-als;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camer a;homekey;audiorouting

(This returns keypad lights.)

Turn phone off again, take out battery for about 15 more seconds and switch the n900 on again.

There's no guarrantee it would work though...
If you need a more detailed explanation I'll be happy to help...

Edit: I think someone said that simply pulling out the battery for a minute or two fixes the problem. You Should try that first.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-08-26 at 01:20.

i was playing with fcam before my keyboard light problem. so fcam need some updates

-_-, not sure if this would work as I've never had this problem, however I do turn my kb lights off on purpose, to save battery when gaming. You guys can try this:

Go to mce.ini and look for this line:

Remove the word 'keypad' to make it look like this:

Modules=display;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-als;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camer a;homekey;audiorouting

(All this does is take off keypad lights.)

Restart the phone and remove the battery. Now turn it on again.

Go back to mce.ini and re-add the word keypad to the line
e.g

(This returns keypad lights.)

Turn phone off again, take out battery for about 15 more seconds and switch the n900 on again.

There's no guarrantee it would work though...
this one works !
i also confirming that it caused by fcam process tthat i killed by rebooting the phone. since that, no keyboard backlight. I reinstalled fcam driver. fcamera, but no luck. at the same time the fcamera wont start due to segmentation fault.

after this "mce.ini" method, the keyb backlight goes normal and fcamera also works again.
thanks !

The Following User Says Thank You to adhiemsumitro For This Useful Post:
Did you try, what I suggested on pg 3?

If you need a more detailed explanation I'll be happy to help...

Edit: I think someone said that simply pulling out the battery for a minute or two fixes the problem. You Should try that first.
Savage, can you give me more detail how to go to this mce/ini, give me full command because i tried like this in xterminal and doesnt give me nothing...

thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to benipres For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benipres View Post
Savage, can you give me more detail how to go to this mce/ini, give me full command because i tried like this in xterminal and doesnt give me nothing...

thanks in advance
You first need to have 'rootsh' installed. To edit mce.ini
First go to xterm, and type:

root

To gain root acess. Next you type:

cd /etc/mce && leafpad mce.ini

To enter mce.ini

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-09-10 at 22:58.

First post here - I’m a new N900 owner who has possibly been installing too many extras-devel apps. Just tried out lfocus and am pretty sure it was responsible for breaking the keyboard backlights (no lp5523 folders in /sys/class/leds).

SavageD, I used your mce.ini trick and all the folders are back, so thankyou for that!

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
I just turned the device off, took battery out a few secs and put it on again -> LED back and keyboard backlight too

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
SavageD , you are the man !
Thanks a lot for the advice . Great Forum.