Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You disagreed with the masses. Off with your head! [citation needed]
"Masses" is relative and directly correlates with fan site of choice. -Texrat's Axiom

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
"Masses" is relative and directly correlates with fan site of choice. -Texrat's Axiom

That, is fÜcking spot on.

Another Texrat® quality quote

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

The Following User Says Thank You to thebtman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Citation needed for.. what? You want me to prove a negative? This is like telling someone to PROVE their innocence.. any lack of proof is proof of guilt. :P How about you prove to me that there IS support and parts available? I've been asking that and now you seem to have broken down and decided to flip it on me to prove that they AREN'T available, which is just funny.
http://europe.nokia.com/support/repa...ir/care-points

As for the bluetooth keyboard... I'm sure you can find the thread here in the forums. I've stopped following it.
I saw in a thread a fact that you are wrong. Now our arguments are alike and equally valuable...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Nokia is playing catch up to high end smartphone market. Nokia is the best cellphone hardware manufacturer, great build quality + audio quality but where they lack is the software side. That is why for high end smartphones (already existent) Maemo was encouraged and it turned out to be a successful experiment for Nokia otherwise they would'nt have pushed for another OS based on Maemo UI and features. With Meego, they hope to have a high-end OS applicable for an average user (or lack of better explanation, easily marketable) for an everyday use.

They are still in awe to how they were left so far behind but they are working hard at making a come back while still retaining mid-range to low-range market, no easy task.

So as i see it. Ovi store will remain in beta (a joke form) till Meego handset will be near its release and all of a sudden scandinavian style Ovi store will be updated. A huge gamble because if it were me, i would have put Ovi store out and about by now to encourage maximum number of developers rather than gathering 3000 developers and letting them know the new screen you have produced is blacker than black because well thats another hardware achievement.

But simply producing great hardware and software doesn't mean large number of sales. If you saw Nokia World 2010 live, you knew right away where the problem lies. Nokia is simply awful at communicating. I could've prepared better presentation. Some of Nokia employees need to be send to American Universities where they can learn how to create wow moments during presentations i.e. demo it in front of everyone. Don't say screen is sharp, prove it by demoing it. Don't put stuff like ovi maps is better than google maps cause it just makes you sound too desperate.

So back to question as to how they can capture Smartphone Dream. The new cellphone high-end market is about being cool and fashionable alongside having great software and hardware and Nokia is well just too Scandinavian. Exactly why their new CEO + Meego chief move might turn out to be a great move indeed.

---
OFF TOPIC:

All in all, they are moving in the right direction one tiny step at a time. American market is a very different story all together because market is ruled through carriers not through customers. Nokia made a huge mistake when (they were ahead of everyone else) Nokia N95 came out to not push down some of its features but make it acceptable to a carrier in states. They could've put a serious dent in North American market back then. They brought E71x and instantly it was seen in the movie 'Hangover'.

I apologize, it is way too long a post.

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-09-16 at 09:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Bah. You guys are overlooking the first four letters, then new word of "the masses"... I swear I can't help but read it as the masses.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
I stopped reading the article when I got to Nokia adopting Android. *sigh*

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
So what???

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
I stopped reading the article when I got to Nokia adopting Android. *sigh*
You can ADOPT them now??

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
You can ADOPT them now??
Sure! Just adopt a green little trashcan with arms.

SCNR

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
to topicstarter:

its sad that u leave, but many of us dont want to change our n900 to anything else.
i love hw keyb, i can chat/email properly - seeing the whole screen while i write.
easydebian
nitdroid for android - games and such
i love IR and FM transmitter
i dont want capacitive screen.
and for many more reasons

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:

Tags
derp-derp