Active Topics

I would like to know how I can get pixelpipe installed on my N900?

When I update my app catalogue then its only the maemo extras one that gets fully updated, but pixelpipe is nowhere to be found on it?

Can anyone help me get this set up

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by chicoelnino View Post
I would like to know how I can get pixelpipe installed on my N900?

When I update my app catalogue then its only the maemo extras one that gets fully updated, but pixelpipe is nowhere to be found on it?

Can anyone help me get this set up
Go to settings on your N900
Go to the connectivity part - click Sharing accounts
Setup a new account - done - works like a dream

edit - sorry think i'm right - as i've not needed software, just works fine like that for me.
ooo edit i lie!!!! - just checked i do have pixelpipe 1.1.00.1+0m1 installed - can't remembre if it came with the phone though? lol!

I don't have pixelpipe installed yet, so it does'nt appear under sharing accounts?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
do you got extras-testing catalog activated?

just to make sure i'm on the same level...can you tell me how to activate extras testing?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Pixelpipe is in the 'Nokia Applications' repository, I'm not sure about the extras one.

Out of the box, you should have three catalogues:

Nokia Applications
Nokia System Software Updates
Maemo Extras

With these three enabled, you should be able to find Pixelpipe. It's still visible in the nokia site: http://maemo.nokia.com/maemo-select/...r-nokia-share/

Good luck.

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2010-01-01 at 20:36.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Pixelpipe is in the 'Nokia Applications' repository, I'm not sure about the extras one.

Out of the box, you should have three catalogues:

Nokia Applications
Nokia System Software Updates
Meamo Extras

With these three enabled, you should be able to find Pixelpipe. It's still visible in the nokia site: http://maemo.nokia.com/maemo-select/...r-nokia-share/

Good luck.
thanks kathy! wondered where i got it from!!! - but been using it since day one - it's superb!!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Yeah, one of my favourite bits about n900 is the way things like that just happen seamlessly: take a photo, crop if necessary, tag it and pixelpipe it. Seconds later it pings to my twitter via my tumblr. So smooth. Love it.

In fact, if I were nokia I'd include it in the standard issue.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Yeah, one of my favourite bits about n900 is the way things like that just happen seamlessly: take a photo, crop if necessary, tag it and pixelpipe it. Seconds later it pings to my twitter via my tumblr. So smooth. Love it.

In fact, if I were nokia I'd include it in the standard issue.
ooo darn, whats a tumblr? dont we drink out of them (I have a lot to learn!)

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Before using Pixelpipe it's worth reading through their extremely hostile and grabby terms, which essentially give them the right to do anything they want with your stuff, forever:

However, by posting any User Content or otherwise participating in any Interactive Area, you grant Pixelpipe a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, and fully sublicensable right to use, publish, distribute, reproduce, perform, adapt and display the User Content

The Following User Says Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post: