Notices

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
This is the first shuffle on a player that appears to play all of the files it already had played, but with a few more mixed in. Seems to be a rolling 90% rate of previous songs. I tried clearing songlist, in case the player was retaining it there, but no luck.

Any other way to purge the player "shuffling" the same songs? I have several thousand, so plenty to shuffle and not hit the same songs over and over.

I have multiple directories and does not seem to matter where I start and if I start a file from file manager. Same issue with the updated firmware. How can a shuffle be messed up? Retains the songs even after restarting the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Tampere
I've pretty much noticed the same, few days ago playing my Trash Metal collection with Metallica, Anthrax and Slayer I got Raining Blood four times in a hour. Talk about 2010 and Shuffle mechanics jeesh :P

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by redi View Post
I've pretty much noticed the same, few days ago playing my Trash Metal collection with Metallica, Anthrax and Slayer I got Raining Blood four times in a hour. Talk about 2010 and Shuffle mechanics jeesh :P
Must be one of them there bubble sorts gone amuck

It does not even shuffle them much and plays the same songs in a row with an occasional new song. Seriously how do you mess a shuffle up like this? N900 is a first for many good things, but also some zingers like this

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Same here, 3000+ songs and I have heard the same 3 within a 45 minute span.

I really hope a better alternative comes around or Nokia fixes theres because that is pretty crappy.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Might be the same as bug 7133. If so vote for it, and add a comment if you have something useful to add technically.

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Weird. I'm getting pretty much the opposite experience. Are you sure your id3 tags are nice and clean?

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by bbin View Post
Weird. I'm getting pretty much the opposite experience. Are you sure your id3 tags are nice and clean?
Nice and Clean....I am listening to TRASH METAL....LOL

I was hoping on it playing randomly but for me it often seems to have a very delicate pattern it follows.. pattern != random

same here .. seems to be more biased towards songs with complete albums or folders ..

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toulouse, France
same for me too, i have like 7000 files, and i always get to hear the same files....
with the same succession order !

If it is like the n95, it has a single random pattern for each playlist.
so if u play ur whole collection, u'll always get the same pattern
bad !