Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
This Twitition after the post of Interlingua_TV on the Nokia Conversations forum: http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...ment-230866683 "This is the most beautiful phone OS ever: Meego simply rocks! Having this phone N9 with so many features, Maps offline, Maps 3D, all the messages, SMS, social updates in one page, Carl Zeiss AF 2.2f, HD Stereo video recording, NFC, USB, 1 Ghz processor, 1 Gb RAM, 16/64 Gb storage, how can Elop say MeeGo is just a disruption and he wants to abandon this beauty for WP7 when WP7 does not sell, with all the free Xbox console, tons of advertisement and OEMs like Samsung, LG and HTC??? Elop made Nokia to jump in icy water on Feb 11, having this beauty in the pocket? 20 billions lost in market capitalization, NOK stock is lowest in 13 years, 16 billions lost in smartphone sales as a result of Elop Feb 11 speech? When he killed MeeGo and Symbian and Ovi, Nokia own kids, like a saboteur, to only embrace WP7 from his former company? How he could kill MeeGo? MeeGo looks to be the best phone OS ever!Nokia, please don't take the troll or trojan advice and this to be the single and last MeeGo device released!Nokia, you need to fight, you are under US/M$ occupation now, but make your point: MeeGo needs to survive! Qt needs to survive. They are the future, people don't want a closed platforms like iOS and WP, they want openness and liberty! They don't want Microsoft Bing advertisement everywhere on Maps, email, all the data tracked to serve advertisement. People want privacy and openness and freedom! People want open source driven by free minds, not corporations like M$ to drive and track their actions!" You agree? Sign! Share!
Sign the petition.
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
.... i have no words to describe this petition... let me see if i can point out the logical fail here.

1. Elope is the CEO of Nokia.
2. The CEO decides what Nokia does.
3. You start a petition to make Nokia do something ("Keep Meego")
4. The petition insults Elope, the CEO of Nokia, by calling him a trojan.
5. ???
6. Elope decides to listen to the petition, and change Nokia's direction.

Do you understand the logical Fail(tm) in step 5 ?

Or do you have some magic ingredient there ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
.... i have no words to describe this petition... let me see if i can point out the logical fail here.

1. Elope is the CEO of Nokia.
2. The CEO decides what Nokia does.
3. You start a petition to make Nokia do something ("Keep Meego")
4. The petition insults Elope, the CEO of Nokia, by calling him a trojan.
5. ???
6. Elope decides to listen to the petition, and change Nokia's direction.

Do you understand the logical Fail(tm) in step 5 ?

Or do you have some magic ingredient there ?
Elop has at least made major decisions based on false information, if he hasn't done it intentionally. Petition with a lot names should at least get some atention to this fact and he has to answer to somebody about his doings in Nokia?
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

I singed the petition yesterday, but i would rather see petition written by somebody who doesn't go for this trojan sh1t stuff.
I wanna keep MeeGo alive and show them that there's possibility for Nokia to make money from it while WP will stay on as their main smartphone platform.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I agree with Frappacino. I think it's better to take a positive approach in petition if you'd like to make an influence. I do believe Elop has hidden agenda, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't betray Microsoft in the future when a better opportunity arises.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
what a rant

I think wp7 will sell, its now at 7% share in the united states and growing. In other regions though meego could very well be a viable option. The best thing you can do is buying the n9 .

Nobody ever said there should only be 3 dominant op systems. There is still place for another. Lets hope samsung joins the meego effort.

Last edited by Rugoz; 2011-06-22 at 16:11.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Here we go again

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Yes please rewrite (or have someone rewrite it), if you ever want this to be taken seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Petition
*Pulls out deckchair and popcorn*

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
Petition signed ;-) !