Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
4) Economical: I think N9 is 100$ more expensive than S2

So what major advantage does N9 holds over Galaxy S2.
1) In my country, the 16GB N9 is $100 cheaper than S2. The 64GB cost $200 more than S2 but overall cheaper than buying 32GB memory card

2) 3.9" is just nice for my small Asian hands, can hold & type one handed. 4.3" is too big, cant fit into pockets. I reckon you're a westerner, so, different size fits different people.

3) Durability. When I hold a Samsung, it feels fragile(I dont want to use the other term) & is fragile from my experience with Samsung Wave & other Samsung products.
So, as far as I'm concerned, N9 will last longer than S2. The OS dead, so? I can still use the device, if the device dead, then it's a problem

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2011-10-27 at 15:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:
So lets say I wanna buy a new handset within 6 months so should I go for N9 or should I wait for N8-01 which indeed sounds tempting with very good specs?

Last edited by maverick788us; 2011-10-29 at 06:53.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I am in same situation, more concerned about updates,bug fixes etc. N900 has solid community backing with updates comming out as CSSU updates worry about meego support from Nokia.

but I have found following useful video while making up my mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvQXW...eature=related

BTW does n9 have swype and?

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
If you like big screens you should check out the Samsung Galaxy Note. Really.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
If you like big screens you should check out the Samsung Galaxy Note. Really.
Yes I just saw the video
But than again it has the same build quality as GS2 which is cheap plastic according to you guys

Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
That always depends to some extend on your finger dexterity (and size) of course, but reviewers so far only had good things to say about the N9 virtual keyboard:

http://wiki.maliit.org/Reviews

Just for reference, I type on the portrait keyboard (with two thumbs) faster than I can type on the N900 hardware keyboard. Mistakes can happen, but are rare for me when I pay attention. The landscape keyboard is easier, but I find it also slower (due to longer thumb travel distances).

You can look for youtube videos of people typing fast on the iPhone keyboard to get an idea of what speeds can also be reached on the N9 with some practice.

For messaging and note taking it's more than sufficient as far as I am concerned.
so overall onscreen keyboard is as good and durable as the physical keyboard for quick typing and other KB related operations?

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
N9 is good looking, has quality materials, better screen, better OS, will get better support, has no hardware keys and REAL live multitasking.

the phone has character

sgs2 is an ugly,pastic brick

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
so overall onscreen keyboard is as good and durable as the physical keyboard for quick typing and other KB related operations?
The virtual keyboard is as fast as a physical keyboard, and more flexible.
But it does take space on the screen...
No easy answer but so far users seem really happy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
Well, think about what you need the processor for. The UI is fluid on the N9, Android is not the most performant operating system, so a faster CPU merely makes it adequate. Videos run just fine on the N9 as well, though perhaps you can think of some corner cases were CPU actually matters.

Where CPU can still make a difference is in very demanding applications or games. This will only rarely make a difference though, because generally apps for Android are built with the lowest common denominator in mind, while all apps for the N9 can take full advantage of its capabilities if they need to, because they are obviously directly targeted towards the device.
High Defination Video Recording (1080P or 1440P) and high end games . Don't know if this single core is capable of doing that.

The Following User Says Thank You to maverick788us For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Ive got both phones.

I prefer the N9 in daily use, by far. Screen is more readable in direct light, appswitching is MUUUUCH better, etc. Its not so much about what SGS2 can or cant do compared to N9, but the small microthings that just makes the phone better and smoother for normal use.

IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post: