Notices

Posts: 6,856 | Thanked: 8,394 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Well, it's the next quarter now, let the countdown commence.
Yeah. I vote for the final countdown! But any countdown would do.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,856 | Thanked: 8,394 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Status update: Chen is possibly working with something. And you and me are waiting to see if this is real or not. And if so, how real.

Sit tight!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,364 | Thanked: 7,585 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Some member here has already seen it. Once more progress has been made I will share with them again and take feedback.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,639 | Thanked: 17,577 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Some member here has already seen it. Once more progress has been made I will share with them again and take feedback.
"I have shown it to one but I am not going to show it to anyone else." That is a VERY curious approach. Why not share the progress with everyone?

Also... why would anyone "thank" that post? Are people so desperate that they are thankful for any illusion of an update?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,409 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"I have shown it to one but I am not going to show it to anyone else." That is a VERY curious approach. Why not share the progress with everyone?
Because being open about the development would mean everyone here would discuss it, and either put pressure on Chen to add/change things that would delay the project, or bash him for not taking into account the remarks.
Everyone scream when there is vaporware, and at least for this one, you can't as he has not launch the project before being ready.

That doesn't mean that he is closed to comments, so he choose people he trust to give constuctive feedback, in a way he can control (unlike this forum, me included).

Not usual in this temple of open-source/hw, but seems like something a project that want to succeed could do.

Also... why would anyone "thank" that post? Are people so desperate that they are thankful for any illusion of an update?
I don't thing thanks mean anything particular on this forum, as not two people uses them the same way, but you can see it as a feedback that his posts are read carefully by people expecting this product, and any information he will be ready to give (like this "not ready yet" post, which is a lot more than some other projects we often talk about...).

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 942 | Thanked: 1,730 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I have thanked the post because he just shared that the device is currently under active development, not dormant as it was when he was finalizing the Moto Mod, and made it clear that he will take feedback. Two good news in one sentence, not too bad, plus I'm grateful that he still monitors the thread. He does not post as often as he used to, I suppose because he is actually working on the device and not sharing ideas or asking open questions like when this thread started, so it is good to see him keeping us posted.

I believe the reason why progress is not shared with everyone in total transparency as this stage is because this is not a crowdfunded device. As far as I know, we don't know how it is funded, but it is reasonable to assume that sharing every step or milestone with the public could be an issue regarding the underlying funding contracts if third parties and money are involved. I have no information on that, but the way I see it, the approach is more a way to share as much as he can rather than keep things as secret as he can.

In any case, I did not see much or get details, Chen has been very cautious. All I can say is I did see something I didn't see in the thread, so there was indeed some progress being done, unless everything was forged (but, well, do we believe that?).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay

I pressed thanks because I can

Enviado desde mi H3123 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Im all for sharing with everyone. But only if there is something to show. Currently its hardly any real thing and so its totally useless for everyone.

The only purpose I can see to share is to give potential buyers a sense of importance to the project.

But then again. Chen had a slightly unrealistic timetable last time we discussed that. So to me, team Chen should have something real to show when he wants to show it.

Not sure way he wants to state the member have seen something but not anyone else. The might give the feeling of exclusion.

Then again. Not sure what Chen is up to.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Why not? Why I should share the progress with EVERYONE even this is not a crowdfunding project?

I don't see the benefit of sharing any unfinished / work in progress information at this stage. I don't know what you think but to develop something like this costs at least a few million$ I need to make sure to my best it become commercially successful afterwards. And posting confidential information earlier has quite a few obvious risks as this is a public forum. Not saying I don't trust you but there is things called NDA and no one shares progress publically when developing a new product. (Unless crowdfunding, of course) This is very obvious to me.

I'm thinking quite differently - why would anyone thank your post because it even does not make any sense.

I did mentioned to your curious before that I am NOT doing any marketing here. Even if every active member buys 2-3 it will not even make it to breakeven. So what do I get from you if I make it a real illusion? There is even no crowdfunding. Why there is so many conspiracy around? I'm not taking anything from you yet. And I don't understand why it now becomes VERY curious.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
To sum up:

- Information to public will be shared when it's ready, physically and commercially. To avoid some quite obvious risks. (Pichlo, a company don't share their business plan or R&D progress on public forum)

- I share some information with selected members I trust, and I tell publically that I shared because I want to let community know I haven't dead / give up / bankrupted yet. Work is still going on.

- There is no crowdfunding or whatsoever so I am not eligible of posting regular progress updates. If you think there is some conspiracy or message become curious, I'm sorry but I won't post anymore. (I don't know where it comes from, I'm not even attempt to ask anything.)

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2018-07-25 at 10:36.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen