Google did already Contacts and Calendar, but now also Mail, it would be very nice if all 3 would work perfectly on the N900

Any body with a device too test this?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
It's going to be hard to really test this and give you accurate information about the N900's Exchange capabilities for a little while yet since I'm sure Google Sync is being SLAMMED right now by new people trying it, server-side bugs, etc...

And then again, the N900's own software isn't done yet, so any info given to you could be out of date tomorrow even.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Hopefully the implementation uses modest with HTML support. The biggest problem with Mail4Exchange as its instituted on s60 devices is that there is limited support for html emails.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London @ UK
Push Google Sync email is active for IPhone and Windows Mobile from today.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by debian View Post
Push Google Sync email is active for IPhone and Windows Mobile from today.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/
It's available for any device that supports the MS Active Sync protocol which includes S60 running Mail for Exchange as well as the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gorgon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
Google did already Contacts and Calendar, but now also Mail, it would be very nice if all 3 would work perfectly on the N900

Any body with a device too test this?
If you had defined "work perfectly" this would be even answerable, but my crystalball is broken to know about your expectations. ;-)

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Does anyone know if the exchange implementation supports multiple accounts? Or is it just a port of the s60 Mail for Exchange app (that only lets you sync with one account)?

Would be great if I could sync my private and business mail with the exchange client. Not to mention calendar and contacts. Getting a bit tired of IMAP for gmail...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by ziller View Post
Does anyone know if the exchange implementation supports multiple accounts? Or is it just a port of the s60 Mail for Exchange app (that only lets you sync with one account)?

Would be great if I could sync my private and business mail with the exchange client. Not to mention calendar and contacts. Getting a bit tired of IMAP for gmail...
I think it only works with one exchange account at a time. Of course the software's still changing and there's still a lot of time until release, so this could change.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
It's available for any device that supports the MS Active Sync protocol which includes S60 running Mail for Exchange as well as the N900.
Indeed. On Google Sync product page you can select your phone. The following choices are available: iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia S60, Windows Mobile, Other.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I think it only works with one exchange account at a time. Of course the software's still changing and there's still a lot of time until release, so this could change.
I know NDAs are still in place, but has anyone seen definitive word about this?

I've been using an ActiveSync client on my Android phone to get my work e-mail and calendar, which obviously will be supported by the N900 as stated extensively.

The question is whether I'll be able to also use Google Sync at the same time. Man, that would be sweet...