Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Nice video. I like the way they kept the camera on the screen so you could see accurately the speed of loading, without cutting away.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by r0eladn View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA

this is the video in the video (that sounds weird)

so...... why isnt the hd button in the browser of the n900?
Too old a version of Flash, I believe, but Flash 10.1 should hopefully be coming in 2010.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ São Paulo (Brazil)
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Too old a version of Flash, I believe, but Flash 10.1 should hopefully be coming in 2010.
Yes, and hopefully optimized for the ARM .

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Saarbrücken - Germany
I assume th Youtube Flash player knows, that the installed version of Flash cannot handle HD, hence no button.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Zzzzzzz ...

I guess my expectations are a bit lower than some, because I thought it did quite well, HD or not. If I can surf the web, watch youtube, and play flash games at that quality and speed I will be one happy camper.

@5:10 the screen blanks out black, and then white when re-maximizing a web-page from "the dashboard". Isn't the point of compositing to avoid such jarring transitions?

Regarding fullscreen flash content, I think implementing a 'double-tap' or 'long press' to maximize a video or game would greatly add to usability. I don't want to have to break out the stylus just to click the "fullscreen" icon on YouTube.

(Actually, I'd like to never have to pull out the stylus... but that's another issue entirely. )

I like the idea, though if it doesn't get implemented and you don't want to whip out the stylus.. You could try..

Zoom in with the swirl

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by JayBomb999 View Post
@5:10 the screen blanks out black, and then white when re-maximizing a web-page from "the dashboard". Isn't the point of compositing to avoid such jarring transitions?

Regarding fullscreen flash content, I think implementing a 'double-tap' or 'long press' to maximize a video or game would greatly add to usability. I don't want to have to break out the stylus just to click the "fullscreen" icon on YouTube.

(Actually, I'd like to never have to pull out the stylus... but that's another issue entirely. )
Why pull out the stylus when you could just swipe from the left - get the arrow and use that to click whatever you need,

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Why pull out the stylus when you could just swipe from the left - get the arrow and use that to click whatever you need,
Actually...

Swipe from the left, hover over icon, slide open keyboard, push shift key to 'click'.

This method or zooming isn't really that difficult of course, but neither are as easy or intuitive as double clicking in my opinion.