Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
There is a petition website which was just mentioned in a news article on the front page of yahoo.com here in the states which got me thinking.
I know there are a lot of us that want ELOP removed as CEO so why not speak our voice by creating a petition there.
Who knows it might make it to the news.

Here is the international petitions section of the website

http://www.gopetition.com/active-pet...International/

We need to state WHY WE WANT HIM REMOVED AND REPLACED in a concise manner and then we can all sign it.

We need to state facts and if any opinion is stated clearly label it as opinion and any supporting facts leading to that opinion listed.

I know there are many here that have more facts about his bad performance than I do so please list them in this thread and after a couple pages we can draw up the petition language and then post it on the website for signing.

My personal reasons for wanting him gone are:

1) He killed Meego for Nokia.

2) He is ending Symbian and going with closed source Windows instead of revamping the Symbian UI and going for broke on it or slowly transitioning over to Meego from Symbian.

3) Since he has been there the income tax for Finland has taken a big hit.

4) A lot of workers were laid off since he has taken office.

5) He blocked the N9 from getting to the USA

6) He appears to be a Microsoft trojan intending to lower the value of the company so that Microsoft can buy it up cheap.

If you agree with me about any of these please link to the facts and/or supporting articles and also:

What are your reasons for wanting him removed and replaced?

Maybe we can point back to this thread in the petition for people wanting to see more supporting evidence and articles.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Exhibit E on Barnes & Noble vs MS shows what the whole deal is about.

http://www.groklaw.net/pdf3/675086-463533.pdf

Elop is just a proxy for the greedy board. It does no good to get rid of Elop when the whole board is as short sided and money hungry as it is.

More on the B&N vs MS here:

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...11111122291296

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2011-11-16 at 14:48.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Yes.. The future does not look so bright here in Finland at the Nokia factory.

He destroys everything what Nokia is and turn it to Microsoft or something? I hope that windows phone will not sell well. The N9 is so much better in every way!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Well, if windows was open source, now nobody would doubt that the change from Meego to Windows has been a GREAT thing. Suddenly Nokia is competing now at the same level as Android's and Apple, with only half of a year. Great. A huge success.

The problem here is that Windows is a closed business. But who cares about it? Nokia is not a non-profit organisation. The fact that we like more opensource SO's does not mean that anybody is forced to build a business around it. This is money, would you risk all your money and all your family money to start a business based on your romantic ideas?

I am afraid that the decision was to live or to die. The future of a Nokia linked with Meego, alone, with no ecosystem, and everybody here complaining of why the world is not looking at this direction since the N9 is so cool, is simply sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to petrelli For This Useful Post:
@up

Really, I hope that i never ever heard "ecosystem" out of Animal Planet It reminds me of bad'old'time, when we had communist propaganda, here in Poland Crafting words, that can mean anything in any context, but de facto doesn't mean anything (important).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by petrelli View Post
Well, if windows was open source, now nobody would doubt that the change from Meego to Windows has been a GREAT thing. Suddenly Nokia is competing now at the same level as Android's and Apple, with only half of a year. Great. A huge success.
Windoze Phone market share in Q3 2011 was 1.5%, down from 2.7% in Q3 2010. Android market share in Q3 2011 was 52.5%, up from 25.3% in Q3 2010. Hardly 'the same level'.

Originally Posted by petrelli View Post
I am afraid that the decision was to live or to die. The future of a Nokia linked with Meego, alone, with no ecosystem, and everybody here complaining of why the world is not looking at this direction since the N9 is so cool, is simply sad.
The word 'ecosystem' in this context is a euphemism for locking in consumers by taking advantage of (and often forcing) network externalities. This is what MS managed to do in the desktop OS market. Your boss uses Windoze, so you must use Windoze. Smartphone manufacturers are now starting to use the same tactics in the mobile sphere, and sadly it appears to be working.

My website

GitHub

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
From
http://www.villeaho.com/2011/02/12/n...nd-the-scenes/

Which proposes 2 scenerios of how and why this happened one commenter with username A.T. makes an interesting point,

"oh please… since spring 2008, 100% MS-owned-subsidiary IT provider pushed into IT of Nokia at weird circumstances (extremely short zero money supply exactly at time to renegotiate major IT contracts) and soon almost exclusively maintains email/calendar/etc … Lotus Notes infrastructure (which could keep MS-owned IT unable to read critical data) is phased out. PGP is removed and substituted by S/MIME solution by MS. So, which scenario you choose, eh?"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
They have to thing some new word, witch will sell.. hmm. Eco is the key word out there right now.. Hey! I know "eco + system" = "ecosystem" wooohoouuu now it will sell.

Lets put eco front of everything and it will sell. well done Microsoft.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
someone must be stupid to write this kind of petition. I aasume you don't know how the company works and this petition is a huge crap

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to raverpol For This Useful Post:
How do you know the next CEO wont just still go ahead with the Microsoft move...? I agree with Raverpol as I think removing the CEO won't necessary change the company's strategy. IMO, If Nokia was succesful in breaking their alliance with Intel, I don't see why they can't break their alliance now with Microsoft (Yes I also do not know how the company works...lol). I would prefer a petition to reinstate Open-Source'ness as a primary OS for Nokia devices in the future, whether its Maemo, MeeGo or whatever you want to call it. Give the power back to the people and let us choose how we want to run our device. Just release different devices with different specs for different choices.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post: