Notices

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Hello,

I use Pierogi with a Samsung DVD / Bluray player and I have looked for the "repeat" command in all Samsung sets available but found none. Did I missed it ?
Thank you in advance for your help

The Following User Says Thank You to ymartin59 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by ymartin59 View Post
I use Pierogi with a Samsung DVD / Bluray player and I have looked for the "repeat" command in all Samsung sets available but found none. Did I missed it ?
Drat! Sorry, it seems I misclassified one of Pierogi's input panels when I put together the latest update. This is why some commands are missing... I've kinda fallen behind on my software updates this month, but I'll try to push out an update asap.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Indonesia
Thank you very much, it work with my ancient LG tv

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supergaban For This Useful Post:
Panasonic, Sharp and Philips TV keysets don't seem to have a working Change Input To button.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
Panasonic, Sharp and Philips TV keysets don't seem to have a working Change Input To button.
I've really only been adding the "Change Input To" option for keysets that include discrete controls for choosing alternate input options. So far, all of the Panasonic, Sharp, and many of the Philips TV remote controls only seem to have a single "input" button.

If it's helpful, I could provide a "Next Input" option for the "Change Input To" list, but without any discrete controls, that's all I can do for now. (If there are some better keyset configs somewhere, I'd be happy to add them. )

(BTW, I'm slowly working my way back to coding apps again, so I'll hopefully start putting out a few updates again in the near future...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
The Panasonic Viera remote I have has two buttons for input: TV and AV (they are connected by "Input" printed above). The TV button switches between analog and digital TV signal, and AV pops up a selection menu.

So how do I change the input using Pierogi?

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
The Panasonic Viera remote I have has two buttons for input: TV and AV (they are connected by "Input" printed above). The TV button switches between analog and digital TV signal, and AV pops up a selection menu.
Interesting! Ok, I've started browsing through the Panasonic TV config files on the hifi-remotes website, and I have already found one Viera file that has plenty of discrete controls. (Apparently, I haven't done my homework on this brand... ) Let me update my Panasonic keysets and try to push up an update asap.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Well, I've finally managed to put together a small update for Pierogi. Version 1.1.37 is now making its way up to extras-devel. With luck, I'll get some more work done on my other apps soon as well...

The major change in this update is a complete overhaul of the Panasonic TV1, 1a, and 1b keysets. At first, it seemed as though I'd just missed a lot of the keyset data available from the hifi-remotes website for this brand, but on further examination, the whole keyset just had lots of problems. Long story short, these keysets now include discrete input controls, a few other missing controls (such as Closed Captions and many PIP buttons), and a few other bug fixes. The TV1a keyset supports a modern variant of the TV1 keyset (with just a few different buttons), and the TV1b is an older variant (with teletext support). (The TV2 keysets are for _very_ old Panasonic tvs.)

I should note that the TV1 keyset now also includes the "Service Menu" and "Factory Reset" commands for the Panasonic Viera line of TVs. As before, I don't have Pierogi buttons defined for these commands, but you should still be able to access them by creating macro buttons (as described in this post).

Also in this update, a new home theater keyset has been added for Sony.

As always, please be prepared for bugs! Thanks.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-11-18 at 22:24.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Panasonic TV1 and 1a keyset Inputs work partially with my Panasonic Viera:

The input menu on my TV has AV1-3, Component, PC/VGA, HDMI1-4, and TV.

With Pierogi, PC button works (both with the button and from the dropdown menu). S-Video button swtiches to AV3, which is where N900 plugs in. Composite button switches to AV1. All other buttons and dropdown menu choices don't seem to do anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
The input menu on my TV has AV1-3, Component, PC/VGA, HDMI1-4, and TV.
BTW, can you tell me if AV1-3 are all Composite inputs, or are some of them S-Video? (Or are they something else?) The config files I've been using only call those commands "Video", so I'm not sure what they really are. (I mapped half of them to Composite and the other half to S-Video. I suppose I could create yet more new buttons that just have the generic name "video"...) Thanks!

With Pierogi, PC button works (both with the button and from the dropdown menu). S-Video button swtiches to AV3, which is where N900 plugs in. Composite button switches to AV1. All other buttons and dropdown menu choices don't seem to do anything.
Hmm. My guess would have to be that I messed up when defining the "sub-device" number for the discrete inputs. Panasonic is using a fairly painful protocol that has a device number, sub-device number, and command number, all of which are sent in least-significant-bit order, along with three different checksum values... Let me try to wrap my head around the numbers again and see if I can't push up a quick fix...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control