Notices

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
so any news on getting this into devel? or at least a .deb i can download?

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Paris, France
i'm still trying the autobuilder, but really, making deb it's definitively not for me...
No i'm waiting something happen after my new post to the autobuilder (nothing for now)

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
I just tried, and yes it' black on black like all the rest. This is mighty strange, I'm sure it was working fine not so long ago, and there hasn't been an update for some time... It's not system-wide either, so what is it ?
Maybe I should try deleting the folder and pulling everything down fron github again...
I have no idea and i don't see how pulling source again may change something. If it was working fine before, no update in the meanwhile... no idea, really.

How long GRead stay opened on your n900 ?

just downloaded GRead from the repos, so thats good news that it got there, but it doesnt start when icon is clicked, sorry dude lol

So, the news : GREAD IS IN EXTRAS-DEVEL

dscobsct : it should be resolved with last version in extras-devel, aka 1.0.1-2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twidi For This Useful Post:
(and i know there is no icon, it seems correctly configured but.. no... still searching...)

Hey, I couldn't fetch data under my account, maybe I input wrong user/password code...How can I get to "Setting" page to re-type them? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Twidi View Post
Update 10.20.10: Gread is available in extras-devel !

---------

Update 09.14.10: some ui enhancement

A screenshot of the last version (clic to see full size):

---------

Update 09.13.10 : new version, fully rewriten (except UI).

---------

Original message, 08-18-10:

Author of the blog "nokia-n900.fr" (not very active these times) since october, but with my own n900 from a month, i decided to wrote a Google Reader application, because the only one i found and tried, grr, didn't work very well for me.

So i found a lib for google reader "libgreader", in python (my preferred language), i added a lot of stuff in it, and i chose QT as toolkit (perhaps my app will work on Meego (i am also the author of meego-os.fr) and, with an eye open to the grr source code, here is GRead.

It's a work in progress but the first step is almost reached.

The main goal is to have a Google Reader application as good as the "Newsrob" one on Android i used before having my Nokia n900.

The first step is to create an application with the basics, as we have in "grr"
The next step is to add real offline capabilities.

This firs step is currently done minus keybord shortcuts, but with many improvements:

- more settings (for interface)
- choose between feeds or labels at launch
- works too on 2G/3G (for me grr works only on wifi)
- auto-rotation
- thread for network operations
- manage auto-reconnect, detect lack of connectivity (all operations will be done when the network is available)
- allow to show original feed content in the application (using QTWebkit) or in the browser
- see more special feeds (shared and starred, but also "all", "friends", "notes"...)
- scroll long titles

There is some little bugs and lacks:

- unread count not always sync in feeds list when some item are read (without doing a resync), and specially for special feeds
- GRead does not connect the device to network, it just uses the current one
- no shortcuts yet
- no zoom in the item view
- and so on

I currently work a lot on this application,

And notice it also runs on linux out of the box (the only package needed, except PyQt, is simplejson). libgreader is included with GRead.

You can found the source code on GitHub : http://github.com/twidi/GRead

To launch GRead, simply execute the gread.py file in the src directory

PS : if i found a easy way to make a package i'll do it, i actually don't know how to do this.

PPS : i just saw the topic about grr

Originally Posted by Twidi View Post
(and i know there is no icon, it seems correctly configured but.. no... still searching...)
the update worked thanks dude,
and i do get an icon, its the same as grr icon.

nbkjbmj : you should have a "settings" entry in the window's menu (click on the window's title)

dscobsct : great ! and for the icon (which is not exactly the same as the grr one ) yes, it's ok now for me too.

Hi Twidi:

I attached a screenshot of Gread after I click "window title", no "Setting" shown.....
Attached Images