Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Strange that audio recording not working in "Headphones without mic" mode.
In "Headset with mic" it probably takes audio from mic.

Originally Posted by jackercs View Post
I have the mine imported too, I'm from Chile, and the N9 has come with the WH-902, but they simply don't work,,,
Okay, so I know Lumia 920 is rolling out globally and it's cool and best and all that... But I still want to show care for my N9 64Gb and just bought replacement WH-902 that originally came with it (EU, Finland version) and which I lost long time ago.

The 902 came from eBay and shipped from Hong Kong. I have two problems:

- for one they don't work with my N9, when the original ones did when I got the phone in February (2012) but work with all other devices, while N9 works with most other "dumb" headsets (no MIC no call button) I tied.
- for second the WH-902 I got doesn't say "Nokia" on them anywhere and look a bit fake (lacquer not perfectly sharp on edges, steel grid is not so well brushed as I remember my original 902's)

Please let me know what you think: Why N9 + WH-902 I got = fail to work, and if you think there is a way to check if the 902 are fake.

For the record they came tucked into a plastic ribbon, no box. OEM like my original ones that were in the box of my Made in Finland Nokia N9.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ England
I just thought I'd post that my N9 has just developed this problem. The earphones which Nokia supplied work, and one other set, but they aren't much good for me: they don't fit my ears well and I'm a bit deaf, so I spent lots of money on a better set of Phonak earphones and an amplifier. Neither of them are recognised by the phone now, so wasted money unless I buy a separate MP3 player that works.

Unfortunately headphonefix doesn't work on my phone either, which is a terrible shame as it seemed an ideal solution. I'm not sure if I've installed it wrongly or something, I'm pretty ignorant about the phone. I just double clicked on it in the file manager, having set the phone to install non Nokia Store software. It looks as if it installed ok, but the buttons don't appear to do anything. Anyway, thanks greatly to Mitrandir for trying, and I'm glad if others have found it works. If anyone can suggest anything to get it going on my phone I would be very grateful.

Okay so I just found out that there is WH-902 and also WH-901 out there and that the 902 uses "American" AHJ jack vs the OMTP connector which I assume N9 uses. Just a speculation here, but perhaps answers why I have the problem. (http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/t...FA136274_en_US)

The Following User Says Thank You to Discoveryellow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
You can tell if that's the problem if you hold down the button and plug the headset in and they're recognised a plain headphones.

The N9 does indeed use the "standards body that no-one listened to" standard whereas iPhones, thus most 3rd party headsets, thus most Androids, thus Lumias use the "Apple did it this way so we'd best make it work" standard.

So to make an iPhone headset work on the N9 you'll need to buy or make an adaptor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Hi all.

I installed this application but it doesn't work.
I have a normal 3.5 mm jack (AKG phones) but it is not detected.
This phones work well with other things - mixing desk, my old Nokia 5800 and so on...

How to use other kind of phones?

Many thanks.

giuseppe.

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Hi,

Here is new build of headphonefix. Now it displays a window with four buttons for corresponding modes:
1. Speaker
2. Video out
3. Headset with mic
4. Headset without mic

I haven't tested VideoOut by myself because I don't have such cable, but one remote beta-testers reports its successful work.

@wook_sf, sorry I have not added your icons yet, will do in next build

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
Thanks Mitrandir so much!
I have the headphone issue since two days - N9 16GB. The device did not recognize any headset.
Now is works fine.
Will check it later at home with the AV-cable.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
Ok, I've tested all modes:

- "Headset without mic":
All ok.

- "Headset with mic":
Works fine for headset and mic with original Nokia headset. "Call Ended" button doesn't.

- "Video out":
only audio, no video signal.

- "Speaker":
switches steady to the speaker mode, from any other.

Can you make the source code for "headphonefix" available?
Thanks!

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Actually, I haven't tested Video out mode because I had no video cable when I created headphonefix. Somebody were reporting that it works, but it seems that not for everybody...

Sources of headphonefix are available at BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/IlyaSkriblovsky/headphonefix
The most important part is this file: https://bitbucket.org/IlyaSkriblovsk...cpp?at=default
But don't ask me why it works I've monitored the state if /dev/input/jack, recorded some sequences that are generated when I plug in/out mic jack and then figured out how simulate these sequences using <linux/input.h>

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Córdoba, Argentina
Hello Mitrandir I want to thank you for the application because it was filed two days ago the problem was the headphones and go for a flash but for now will not be necessary. The application in my case headphone without microphone works great!
In my case it is not hardware because I never even fell the N9, but you never know.
Thanks again you saved me thousands of daily reboots.
Greetings from Argentina

The Following User Says Thank You to fermolnar For This Useful Post: