Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
instead of reinvent the well when coming to store app contents, wallpapers etc...

bodega server/client is fully open source ofcourse and I would not be suprised if Jolla will use this also...
tl;dr: Bodega have one fatal disadvantage: Not Invented Here

I did a quick look at this, and it's api and see, that it's more like opensource google play market platform or it's more like Ubuntu Software Center, but for KDE

Personally, i dont think that jolla will use that or even cooperate with it. KDE/Mer will, maybe. Any vendor prefer vendor lock over cooperation. it's business, you need to show revenue or company will be closed. No one would cooperate on platform where you can be replaced.

The problem is that Bodega does not provide needed functionality(Or I need to make a closer look into the sources).
For example, it does not provide dependency information for assets. Its okay if you deliver books, plasmoids, one button apps, or platform have reach api and you create bundles(android and ipk). But it's not a good idea to make packages with all dependencies built in. Especially when you are on phone.
Of course that can be done, but you need a backend for that. And point that Bogema is opensource doesnt help with that. You still need to make an implementation.
I admit, that API design is a way better there, as I did not spent time on that and run as is.
May be some things can be used/integrated at openrepos.

Keep in mind, that openrepos does not targets to be a store(like google play, or windows marketplace, or whatever). Main function is a "personal repository" for your stuff. own or subscribed.

Also i'm dreaming of lightweight OBS platform:
You browsing internet, github, whatever. Found some sources, and cannot find suitable package for your device. Grab the source, or post direct link at openrepos. Your own package will be assembled, and pushed to your repository, so you can install it via warehouse.

As for functionality overlaping, consider openrepos as your last resort when you cannot publish your application elsewhere because of moderation process. If your apps are bad, no one will subscribe to you and install your apps.

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-10-24 at 08:41.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
I admit, that API design is a way better there, as I did not spent time on that and run as is. May be some things can be used/integrated at openrepos.
Indeed, I'm sure there'll be some aspects that are helpful to you, & hopefully vice-versa!

Keep in mind, that openrepos does not targets to be a store(like google play, or windows marketplace, or whatever). Main function is a "personal repository" for your stuff. own or subscribed. Also i'm dreaming of lightweight OBS platform:
You browsing internet, github, whatever. Found some sources, and cannot find suitable package for your device. Grab the source, or post direct link at openrepos. Your own package will be assembled, and pushed to your repository, so you can install it via warehouse.
And this is the sort of focus that's perhaps best for your to maintain, hopefully other MeR-based systems will take the best bits of what you do, & apply it to their systems!

As for functionality overlaping, consider openrepos as your last resort when you cannot publish your application elsewhere because of moderation process. If your apps are bad, no one will subscribe to you and install your apps.
I think in many instances it'll become Harmattan & MeR-based distro devs 1st resort, before cracking the commercial systems

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Indeed, I'm sure there'll be some aspects that are helpful to you, & hopefully vice-versa!

And this is the sort of focus that's perhaps best for your to maintain, hopefully other MeR-based systems will take the best bits of what you do, & apply it to their systems!
Actually, after more carefull reading the Bodega related stuff, I came to the conclusion, that it can be used as openrepos frontend.
It's design supports plugins?(not sure about transparent support), so integrating my backend should not be a big deal.
Also content transfering should be transparent as no "unique" stuff is used.
Will play with it around on dev server.

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-10-24 at 09:52.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Another day, another feature for openrepos.

So, statistic core is now active.
Stats are aggregated by packages, i.e. for all files within package. And packages stats are aggregated into application bundle stats.

For example, I have Warehouse application. And one harmattan package for it, with one file. Basically all stats are the same.

And another application have multiple packages for application(i.e. 2 harmattan, 1 sailfish etc), stats are separated.

When file is deleted from package, stats are NOT. But if stats recalculation process will be started (during an update of server side), those downloads will not be calculated, as no file-application data is available.

You dont have to split each file version into separate package. As stats are counted per file. Just no view is available yet.
Usefull thing is to split main package and support libs, so you can see stats for your primary application.

Currently only harmattan download counts are shown. GEO info and other package types will be added within days.
Some packages have improper naming, so their stats have not been calculated. Dont know what to do with such stuff yet.

Update: Stats are updated once a day, ~ at 07:00 UTC
Update 2: Global stats also available https://openrepos.net/statistics/global

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-10-27 at 06:57.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
it would be awesome and easy to upload apps faster if u add select multiple and upload images

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Openrepos already supports multiple images selection. Just hold Ctrl or Shift while you selecting files

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Bug: the stats graphs seem to ignore days/weeks/months without downloads, i.e. only days/weeks/months with one or more downloads are represented in the graphs; other days/weeks/months are simply skipped.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Bug: the stats graphs seem to ignore days/weeks/months without downloads, i.e. only days/weeks/months with one or more downloads are represented in the graphs; other days/weeks/months are simply skipped.
They operate only with available data. Skipped days will be added with next stats update along with stats browsing/exporting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
It's good to know who downloads your apps, isnt it?
Geo info data is now available at your stats page!

Days with zero downloads numbers are shown now.

Your data will be updated within 10 mins.
Due to test period, only last 30 days are showing for now.
Stats browsing by date intervals (from ... to ...) and data export will be available after next stats update.

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-10-27 at 21:22.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
So disappointed with Australia... >.>

Tags
awesome, harmattan, meego, repository, service